Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th March 2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Mucless

Exclamation I Am Searching For Some Bussiness Ideas

hello everyone,my name is mucles

I am just wondering that how one can open successful business?

I have 40.000 euro ( 61.400 US$ ) and i want to start any kind of business in my country romania.i live in a town ( www.vl.ro ) with 170.000 people witch is groing up financially ...

Do you have any ideas of what sort of business i could do?

Mucless is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th March 2008, 11:38 AM   #2
Logan
Administrator

You'll have a good chance of doing well if -

1) Do what you love/have an interest in
2) Do something you have experience with
3) Start small.

Maybe if you could give us some idea of your interests and experiences we can help you with brainstorming some ideas. Have you come up with any yet? If so, let us know as that can be helpful too. Best of luck!

Welcome aboard

Old 11th March 2008, 11:53 AM   #3
Mucless

I Dont Have Any Ideea.i Have Never Work'd Before , And I Have 25 Yers Old .a Have The Money By Right Of Succession.by The Way I Have Some Land Near The Town.i Am Opened For Any Kind Of Ideeas.

Old 11th March 2008, 11:58 AM   #4
Logan
Administrator

Then what I would do is, just my opinion, is to go work for others first and get some experience and see what you do like. I would consider it part of the experience of starting your own business.

Old 11th March 2008, 12:00 PM   #5
Mucless

No No No... I Dont Like To Work For Other People... I Want My Business

Old 11th March 2008, 12:07 PM   #6
babyjoy214

Hi Muscless!

I think Logan is right, you should start atleast be an employee, so you can learn to adjust to things and evaluate what type management you want you're business be.. You can also see the ups and downs of the company you're working for.. You can manage better if you've been there..

If you still insist in starting a business,open a business that you like or love to do.. Like if you like going to bars, open a bar, you like going to the spa, open one.. just be sure researching everything about it and have a business plan.. don't want to put that money on waste.. Goodluck!

babyjoy214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 10:08 AM   #7
JoshT

Default Do it and learn as you go.

Bollocks! You don't need to be an employee first!

Sure, it will dramatically improve your chances at success (most small businesses fail), but you are young, you have the money, and you must seize the moment.

After successfully starting several, and selling my previous for several million dollars, my advice is that you need to focus on three things: momentum, passion and separation. Basically, you need to roll with all the youth and enthusiasm you have and never slow down. Don't let people advise you to stop and see lawyers or accountants or any of the other minutiae that will keep you from proceeding. Be wise, but above all, take action. You also need to be passionate about your business. Don't talk about it or treat it like some side hobby--make it your dream and tell people about it that way. This is infectious. Lastly, you need to separate yourself from the activity your business performs. This is my most important advice. Most fail because in starting businesses, they trap themselves in work prisons that can not be enjoyed, escaped, or even profited from. You must see the business as something you are making that can live on its own, without you.

As for exactly what business you do, the truth is it doesn't matter that much if you are passionate about it. If you are smart and focused, you can make almost anything succeed. If you want to be completely idea-less, just go pick the most successful business in town and open up a competitor. Put them out of business.

JoshT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 06:38 PM   #8
KerryJS

Mucles,

Why don't you consider starting a website about your town, and about Romania. More and more tourists are heading in your direction. You could start a website that gives information about the town, area, weather, places to stay, the history.

Once you've started your site, you could go on to offer advertising space on your site to local businesses, add Google Ads to your site, contact travel agents so that they can look at your site and either recommend it to potential travellers, or use it for their own information.

Kerry

KerryJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 09:22 AM   #9
bizbroker1

Well, you may want to consider researching franchises for sale. Franchising offers a way to get into business for yourself, but not by your self as the parent franchise company has a vested interest in your success. Its also generally a good way to minimize your risk of failure.

bizbroker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 04:21 AM   #10
Tuomas

I'm agreed with KerryJS. Today the unlimited Internet business is a great investition. your budget is especially suitable for a serious beginning. May be some software developers can give you a good advice.

Last edited by Tuomas; 2nd September 2008 at 04:27 AM.
Tuomas is offline   Reply With Quote