Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st November 2014, 11:49 PM   #1
BaronAlm

Default Mind Browse!

Hello again all!
Straight to it... I work full time,* 24 hours on shift and 48 off. My downtime is killing me! I've wanted to start my own business since I was 5 and I am now 30. Terrible record as I am 0 for 0! I've looked into quite a few business options over the years...
IMPORT/EXPORT
SOLAR
STEEL BUILDING FABRICATION
SELF STORAGE FACILITY
DEMOLITION
EXCAVATION
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT
Plus many more...

The thing is most require significant capital to start along with insurance and all the other costs. I've made it far in research on several prospects which then fell by the way side due to some other turn of events or technicality.

Ex: I LOVE the idea of solar and would passionately run the business however, you must be a licensed/Master electrician to do jobs or contract with one. I am not a master electrician nor do I have the funds to hire one...

2) Import/Export. Another I want to pursue passionately. I cannot for the life of me find what is "hot" right now (I know markets consistently change) and being how small I would be, I don't know what market I can financially make an impact in.

I live north of Fort Worth, Texas and have a 1200 sqft shop. I don't want to dabble with "woodworking" or anything of the sort. Maybe some type of manufacturing?

ANY IDEAS OR HELP FROM YOU FINE PEOPLE?! I need to fill my spare time and fill this void in my entrepreneurial heart!
Thank you all very much!

Last edited by BaronAlm; 21st November 2014 at 11:52 PM.
BaronAlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th November 2015, 04:01 AM   #2
nationwidemea

amazing, you have have a brilliant mind that could make you think of starting a business of your own when you are 5 years old.

nationwidemea is offline   Reply With Quote