Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th January 2015, 01:40 AM   #1
kvgth

Default Starting A Real Estate Business

First of all, as far as it's my first post, I would like to say Hi to everyone.
I'm thinking about starting a real estate business or join as a partner to the one that already exists. I'v been already working in real estate agency for half a year, after that I started to work in online marketing and this continues for around 2 years or so.
What I would like to do is to combine these 2 things together. Why? During my work in real estate I noticed that only a little number of clients from Internet contacted agents. The reason is quite obvious - there was no budget for this channel. I can actually see that here in Poland, real estate agencies do not have user friendly websites and so.

Would be to hear some opinions or experiences on this.

kvgth is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th January 2015, 11:15 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you as part of our community.

It appears you've identified a need -- a gap in the market that you can exploit. Trends show that people are only going to be using the Internet more, not less, so getting in on the "ground floor" in creating a user-friendly real estate website could be an excellent opportunity for you.

You might also consider marketing your services to other real estate agents, to help them create user-friendly, search-friendly websites.

--Torka

Old 9th January 2015, 05:38 PM   #3
kvgth

Thanks for Your feedback!

I've been thinking about selling marketing services to real estate agencies but I'm afraid that such companies do not have budget for this. It would be also hard to talk big companies into it.
As I noticed, real estate agencies main online activity is placing offers with concrete properties on websites with such ads. Here I've spotted another issue- if that is the only online channel that works for real estate agencies clients and the other ones do not work for it.

kvgth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 12:21 PM   #4
UniqueBizIdea

One option could be to make a central site that had properties listed from multiple agencies. Users would then have access to many agencies through your user friendly mobile optimized site. Users could get email alerts when suitable apartment/house will come for sale etc. If you have good user friendly site and can make a deal with one agency, I'm pretty sure that the other agencies want to make a deal as well and pay e.g. monthly/yearly fee.

Another way to do this might be to list properties from multiple agencies for free and then sell service to people who are buying a house (e.g. registration fee to see all the properties available, email alerts etc.)

Old 2nd February 2015, 11:44 PM   #5
jaynorth

Well I genuinely appreciate the initiative taken by you, to work online to make the business grow more. As social media plays a bigger & wider role in making people aware of current developments.

jaynorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 09:35 AM   #6
nationwidemea

From my point of view you need more time to get involved in such business, i m not sure how popular is the real estate in your country but it differs from other regions of the world, for example in middle east real estate is a booming industry yet very competitive. One need years and years of experience to get hands on real estate market and create his brand of the real estate firm.

nationwidemea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2015, 09:22 AM   #7
Comm Realtor

Try to find an successful agent willing to mentor you and benefit from your skills.

Comm Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 06:26 PM   #8
kevin125

if you want to do business on real estate you can can training on it

Last edited by kevin125; 15th December 2015 at 01:53 AM.
kevin125 is offline   Reply With Quote