Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > eBay & Other Auctions & Marketplaces
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th February 2007, 09:30 AM   #21
carlar9

If this other person sold the golf balls how did PayPal know to go to your account and take the money out. That would be like them going to my account to take out because someone out there cheated someone. Some of the facts here seem to be missing.

carlar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th February 2007, 08:22 PM   #22
khalidh

Outside_The_Box, I have a close friend who is high up the chain in pay pal. I will be glad to forward your complaint to him. Send me a pm if you have any additional details you want to include. Of course I can not promise anything but it never hurts to try.

Khalid

khalidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:06 PM   #23
colemg01

Anyone who has your bank account # and routing # can take money out of your account.

My banker is the one that told us to have an Point of Sale account that you give merchant services, tax services and others that require a bank account. Keep a low balance in that account, and then have your general checking, and payroll accounts separate. Never giving anyone access to them, only write conventional checks from them to pay bills no direct deposits or electronic payments.

Pay pal as with all similar services, are more concerned about the purchasing customer saying I was buying and got ripped off, then the selling customer saying I was selling and got ripped off. They know :

"If there is buyers the sellers will come!"

Good luck with your problems. I would encourage you to file a complaint with your Secretary of State and the Better Business Bureau. There will be a large class action suit against pay pal and ebay at some point, its inevitable.

colemg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2007, 12:30 PM   #24
Corey Bryant
VIP Contributor

A lot of people aren't aware but it is actually easier to take money out of a checking account than put money into one. From what I can remember when I was helping a business start something similar, it is to protect the individual so they cannot claim "I didn't know" in case there was money laundering.

If you are doing a lot of business via Paypal - Paypal will try to protect its company. If there is a chargeback, and Paypal needs to pay it - they will want their money. It is always a good idea to have a separate checking account just for Paypal.

And they way that Paypal deposits its money into your checking account, some will consider that a DDA deposit, thus making your checking account free. I know that Bank of America does this and does not charge a monthly fee. Chase though does not consider Paypal's deposits a DDA deposit though, so it is best to check with the bank on its terms.

Old 16th March 2007, 04:27 PM   #25
simply4est

I'm afraid Paypal is just taking advantage of its monopolistic position on EBay and other online selling sites. I used them way before they were part of EBay, and I always had a perfect record with them and EBay (I'm simply4est on EBay as well). But they treated me like dirt even as I was offering to resolve a problem that was not my fault - they were very insulting, and kept insinuating I should be responsible for what the other person did. And of course no one at EBay is interested in hearing about this - they just kept referring me back to the same unprofessional and insulting Paypal reps. I truly wish there was a strong competition for them that people could use, especially for EBay.

simply4est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 08:00 PM   #26
dreammars

What somebody else does shouldn't affect you.

dreammars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 09:00 PM   #27
solid28
VIP Contributor

Default Make lemonade out of lemons

I can understand how trumatic this is b/c they are taking away what you worked for and what helps you live.

But we should move/restart this threat to the viral marketing forum!!! Go and send this to this press, get those sweet high quality links, set up a donation fund for legal help, etc. We can't sue them no matter what? We'll see about that...We'll make them wish you could sue them cuz of all the bad press they are getting.

In fact, here is a new site for someone to start, screwdbypaypal.com

There is an article about this exact situation posted(on this site) just last month in the viral marketing section of these forums.

This a somewhat realted story about turning unfortunate incidents into links and social support. Just look at the heated comments at the bottom of the page. seobook.com/archives/001130.shtml

Turn it to your advantage.

solid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 04:05 AM   #28
mikedehoyos

Angry PAYPAL LIES to earn interest...

PayPal SUCKS!!! It really protects buyers and it makes selling a pain. It promotes safety for everyone who is buying and guarantees that everything is safe. I had to get a refund from paypal one time and it took me 7 weeks because they said they were "investigating" the seller. I had bought my wife a Juicy Couture track suit and when we received it we found out it was a fake. I was upset and made a complaint to the seller, he essentially said "tough luck" and I was on my own. I went to paypal and they said that they would investigate this. So it took them 7 weeks to refund our money.

Now the reason I mention that story is because recently on eBay I found an AMAZING dropshipping contract for iPhones. I had ordered a couple of samples for myself because I wanted to make sure that this was the real thing and not clones. I have even taken these things to the mac store and they said it was legit.

I signed a contract with this guy and started selling. Well PayPal said I sold too many iPhones too fast and put a hold on my account. As soon as they did they refunded ALL of my received payments back to the consumer. I then contacted them all by email and NONE had received their money but all of my paypal money was gone... Where did the money go? It went to earn dividends for PayPal for the next 7 weeks while I go broke and my clients have no phones because I couldn't pay my supplier.

I hate paypal!

mikedehoyos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 05:35 AM   #29
Gate2Shop

Send a message via Skype™ to Gate2Shop

This is crazy what they did. I would combine the ac5tions and take them to the press and the BBB.

Gate2Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 05:59 AM   #30
Taddeo Irfan

Default Avoid PayPal

PayPal would only limit an account if there is suspicious or high risk activity occurring. As long as the CC is yours and not stolen you should be good to go. Be sure you are not using pre-paid CC, these are high risk. Also note that a new PayPal account has a lifetime sending limit of $2000 which will only be lifted when you become verified. In order to become verified you must either add a bank account or apply for PayPal Buyer Credit.

Taddeo Irfan is offline   Reply With Quote