Originally Posted by 1Social Media
Different techniques and tricks can be used to optimize a wordpress blog to get more traffic out of it. We can start by optimizing different posts, which appears as pages in a blog to better ranking keywords that could appear higher in search engine ranking. We could also take care of titles and optimize it according the keywords, add descriptions and some specific keywords for it.
We can also define several anchors with proper labels and titles to make them count for search engines, as they also contribute a lot in getting a respectable position in search ranking and attract more traffic.
Wordpress itself is a good platform. It provides you feature to optimize you blog. Few points that need to followed to drive traffic for any of the blog website includes
1) Do posts on regular basis after a fix interval of time along with fresh, relevant and precise content
2) It's good practice to categorize the blog post into categories and pages as per requirement
3) Give a proper title, Meta description and Meta tags to each post, page and to overall blog
4) Few of the blog websites includes this feature by default and some like wordpress need plug-in but they are free and are included into the dashboard option
5) Promote your blog and blog posts to the relevant social media websites
These are some of the basic points that should be followed. As per my knowledge and SEO practices I suppose these basic practices for blog points are appropriate.
Note to all: Please suggest more points related to same!