Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th December 2008, 03:37 PM   #1
david12345
Banned

Default Free Auto Directory Submission

hi
any good site which can do auto submission in directories/Search engines

Regards

david12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th December 2008, 04:17 PM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Submitting to search engines is unnecessary -- they'll find your pages a lot faster through the links pointing to them than they'll ever work through their backlog of submitted pages. Google themselves advise that submission of your pages to them is unnecessary. If you're having trouble getting Google to index your pages, you'll have better results creating a sitemap and submitting that through Webmaster Tools than submitting pages directly through some kind of "auto submission" program.

But you'll get the best results by creating "crawlable" site navigation and getting some good links pointing to your pages.

Likewise, auto submitting to directories is probably not a good idea, either. The free directories that are worth submitting to (and there are very few of them, which makes auto submission a bit of overkill, really) generally frown on automated submissions, because the submissions themselves tend to be of such low quality. If you want to maximize your chances of getting past the editorial review, you probably should take the time to submit by hand, paying attention to the guidelines and standards of each individual directory.

I'm not even sure if you can auto submit to paid directories, since you have to, well, pay them in order to be included -- I don't know offhand of any auto submission software that also includes the capability of submitting credit card information to the directory (and if any do, I would be scared to use it for fear of where else it might be sending my card details when I'm not looking!).

My

--Torka

Old 5th December 2008, 06:05 PM   #3
MarkJjezza2

As torka said search engine submission is not necessary. If there is a company asking for money to submit to the engines, it's a ripoff. 98% of the search engines leech from Google, Yahoo, and MSN.

If you want your site to be crawled quickly by the spiders, either submit your site to social bookmarks like digg or go to pingoat.com and ping your site to let the engines know you're there.

-Mark

MarkJjezza2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 04:55 PM   #4
MooMan

I would stay away from auto submission, as all your links will have the same title and description which isn't a good thing it also looks very un-natural to have 100's of links appearing and all the same.

MooMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 01:13 AM   #5
Srednarb

Yeah stay away to any automated submission you will be having a hard time if you caught.

Srednarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 04:10 AM   #6
benniegriffey

Well i'll suggest you to stay far from these auto submissions its better you do it manually

benniegriffey is offline   Reply With Quote