Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th December 2004, 02:34 PM   #1
prepaidtechservices

Default What's your advertising opinion on ROI: Print..TV..Internet..Yellow Page

Hello:

Your feedback would be appreciated. I am about to engage on an aggressive Local Internet Lead Generation Service campaign towards select local business services companies that market Business to Consumers. Considering the various advertising trends what has been your best Return On Investment to generate new customers for your business and are you B2B or B2C ? Print (newspaper)..TV..Internet..Yellow Pages (print or Internet) I know that currently Yellow Pages is king but that trend will change provided I can offer better results for less expense incorporating some of the current internet promotion vehicles. Thanks in advance for your response.

prepaidtechservices is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 18th December 2004, 08:31 PM   #2
copywriter

Prepaid, keep in mind that everyone won't have the same type of product or service so the results will be dramatically skewed. Auto repair might have much better results with Yellow Pages while ladies shoes might do better with radio. Then there are customer behavioral profiles to consider. The lifestyle of the customer has a giantic bearing on how they receive advertising.

Just a thought. You don't want to consider all responses to your question as equal.

Old 18th March 2005, 04:47 PM   #3
siryellow1

Default Might be a little biased...

I might be a little biased but I think Yellow Pages is still the best returns (or a great Adwords campaign).

In both cases, the prospect viewing the ad is LOOKING for exactly what you provide. They are truly the only 2 places small businesses can advertise where ads are not a distraction, but the main event!

siryellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 08:54 AM   #4
PerryEllis78

I tend to stay out of traditional methods for the most part. The best ROI in my opinion is gurriela marketing. Takes more time and creativity but it pays off atleast double in comparision. Instead of thinking what medium should i pick, you should be thinking how am i gonna infiltrate my target market. Find out what decision making process do they use to purchase your service or product. Also find out other factors that helped make thier decision. Im not just talking price, quality,brand, etc. Im talking other factors that come into play but is usually not noticible to the customer but something you can pick up if you pay attention and ask the right questions.

I just looked at your website (link) and sent you a private message reagarding it. You might want to rethink spending money on advertising and re-evaluate your site first. I offered a free one hour marketing consultation in my pm but I think anyone looking at your site would be able to tell you what is wrong with it even w/out any marketing background.

The one hour free consultation is not solicitation for more business. I will not be asking to do more then the one hour free that I promised. I just had to offer my service (free) because I see too many things wrong with it.

So if you want to take me up on my offer, just pm me back.

Last edited by PerryEllis78; 19th May 2005 at 09:32 AM.
PerryEllis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 05:16 PM   #5
siryellow1

I didn't see any PM PerryEllis...

siryellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 06:48 PM   #6
forumGuy201

Default Internet SEO

I vote for Internet plan, It is the best and cheapest way is to do Internet marketing on a local level using Search engine optimization, most of the clients in your area probably visit a certain search engine multiple times a day and your chances for people to know about your business is pretty high as opposed to TV commerical for example.

Have a nice day

forumGuy201 is offline   Reply With Quote