Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th March 2012, 10:16 PM   #1
EricB
VIP Contributor

Default Review Of My Business Cards And Website

Hello Everybody,

I had actually asked for a review of my site a while back and got some amazing feedback from it, a lot of which I ended up incorporating into my design. I've since made a lot of changes and was hoping for a round 2 review of my site since I can't begin to tell you how much that really helped. My website is HeresYourSchedule.com.

Also, I have attached an image of how my business cards look and would like some feedback on those as well. That might be a bit harder to change right away, but I could definitely incorporate it next go around.

Thanks again!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eric Card Template2.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	137  
EricB is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th March 2012, 09:16 AM   #2
The Diamond Pen

Default Nice site

The site looks very good. Info is easy to find, and I didn't have any questions about it after reading through everything. Two things to help push you over the top:

1. Make the font in the red star with the compatibility note a little bigger. It's very difficult to read.

2. A video of the tool in action would be great. A lot of people like to see how it works before making a decision.

Old 14th March 2012, 12:12 PM   #3
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

A small suggestion on the business cards: since the logo at the top is also your URL, you might think about replacing the URL at the bottom with some sort of punchy tag line -- something to get across to the casual business-card recipient just what HeresYourSchedule.com does (and more importantly, what it will do for them -- i.e. what's the main benefit they'll gain by using your service?) along with a call to action.

(There's no rule I'm aware of that says business cards have to be static and "just the facts, m'am." We know websites perform better when they contain explicit calls to action. Why not business cards, too?)

Certainly if you hand someone your business card you'll at least give them your elevator speech, and if you send them the card through the mail you'll probably include a letter, flyer or brochure to explain everything... but people forget, letters or brochures get separated from the business card, cards get buried on the desk and resurface months later all by themselves. And not everyone will get your card from you in person or through the mail.

Your card needs to be able to entice people to your website to find out more, even when it's standing all by its lonesome with no context or marketing collateral to support it. A strong, benefit-focused tagline and call to action can provide that enticement.

My , adjusted for inflation.

--Torka

Old 14th March 2012, 12:17 PM   #4
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Oh, and if your benefits are too numerous to be covered in a simple, single tagline, consider making the tagline on the front something along the lines of "turn me over to see why HeresYourSchedule.com is the greatest thing since sliced bread"...

...then put three or four strong benefit bullet points and your "visit [url] to find out more" call to action on the back of the card. (If you want to get really fancy, make the URL on the back of the card point to a custom landing page specifically for people who got there from those business cards. )

Business cards are small enough as it is; no point in letting 1/2 of the available real estate there go blank.

--Torka

Old 14th March 2012, 01:05 PM   #5
EricB
VIP Contributor

I knew people would have awesome ideas and suggestions

Quote:
1. Make the font in the red star with the compatibility note a little bigger. It's very difficult to read.

2. A video of the tool in action would be great. A lot of people like to see how it works before making a decision.

I actually contacted my business partner about the compatibility note and he'll be playing around with it to make it look nicer. We actually had videos on how to use the site on the How to Page, but I removed them last night because they were a little out dated. I'll look into adding more updated videos though because there is a value to it.

Torka, I loved your idea for the business cards. When we were designing them we were trying to come up with a key phrase or something for the bottom. I especially like your idea of have them turn the card over for more information and have a separate home page especially for people who are coming from looking at the business card! What a great, interesting and new idea I had never considered! I wish I had talked to you before I order 500 of them haha

Old 27th May 2012, 04:13 PM   #6
Creative Pile

I would suggest adding more color to your business card. Maybe some of the same colors as you used for the background of your website. Using similar colors will help unify your branding across all advertising media.

Old 24th August 2012, 01:38 PM   #7
mohamednegm

your business card is awesome & perfect.. your website is missing alot of graphics & design - also a header is recommended..

mohamednegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 10:54 AM   #8
EricB
VIP Contributor

Thank you for your feedback, we've actually made some pretty big changes to the site design last night that we feel make it look a bit more professional.

Old 19th September 2012, 12:13 PM   #9
mohamednegm

that's cool I will be more than happy to help you review it

mohamednegm is offline   Reply With Quote