Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st July 2009, 12:40 PM   #1
Aliakbar

Default Future Of E-business/e-commerce

Hi,

I'm actually writting my research paper about this subject.
I would like to have your opinions about the future trend of this type of business.
Will it continue to grow so fast? How do you think the e business will change (virtual on-line store with one virtual sales person for each online customer)?
How can it affect the small business?

Your answer would help me a lot !

Thanks!

Aliakbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:49 AM   #2
AlexTampa

I think it will effect small businesses that do not want to think forward, and move to online catalogues.

The thing with niche online eccomerce is the choices you can have.

You cant go to sams etc, and have a large choice of colors etc.

AlexTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 12:29 AM   #3
AlaskaFinancial

Send a message via Yahoo to AlaskaFinancial

Are small business merchants are continuously finding ways to use their websites to augment there traditional marketing methods. I even have auto shops using rewards card programs and monthly email newsletters to maintain their customer bases.

AlaskaFinancial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 11:51 AM   #4
Michael Lake

E-commerce and e-business are very broad categories. I think the amount of commerce that is done on-line will only increase. Without a doubt. One area in particular that is exploding is information marketing.

You see it all over this site and throughout the web. Information marketing is the business of selling information. The information could be a PDF, a video, a series of audios or a membership to a site containing all of them. Some people are making millions and some are making nothing. But that's business in general, right?

I would keep my eye on information marketing as the future of e-commerce. In many cases, it requires no inventory, often no shipping and minimal logistics regarding the product. Anyone with a great idea can now publish it and sell it to the world.

I hope that helps you!

Michael Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 02:02 AM   #5
sam40

Experts predict a promising and glorious future of ecommerce in the 21st century. In the foreseeable future ecommerce will further confirm itself a major tool of sale. Successful ecommerce will become a notion absolutely inseparable from the web, because e-shopping is becoming more and more popular and natural. At the same time severe rivalry in the sphere of ecommerce services will intensify their development. Thus prevailing future trends of ecommerce will be the growth of Internet sales and evolution.

sam40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 03:46 AM   #6
zmonique2007
VIP Contributor

E-commerce will continuously grow because the convenience it gives to people just like in online shopping. More and more people prefer to do and make business all over the web, just imagine the less hassle because of no traffic and the like.

zmonique2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:21 AM   #7
estaban

I know many people who will not buy online because of perceived security risks, they tend to be older so this prejudice (if that is what it is) might slowly decrease/disappear. I have just been reading about the cyber attack by Russia on Estonia. Most countries could do great damage to another in this way and some are probably planning to do so. Could be interesting!

estaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:07 PM   #8
ErnstG

E-commerce is too wide a term. How about a slightly more granular approach:
- Internet Marketing is likely to become more important as more and more people use the internet as news and information source. The trick will be to reach them in some meaningful segment-specific way.
- Internet buying and selling will become more important as it gets to be a safer environment with trusted brands and controls.
- Internet fulfillment will probably only grow slowly as many of the things we buy and sell require physical delivery, but its clearly important for some services, videos, etc

I think each of these can be analysed further -- they are well-known disciplines. Does that help?

Last edited by ErnstG; 2nd November 2009 at 12:19 PM.
ErnstG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 09:09 AM   #9
DanielaShohre

hello,

E commerce is a concept. Any business conducted on internet is e commerce.
E business is a model where a merchant supports business on internet.ebay is a publicly traded company that connects sellers and buyers on internet using bidding model

DanielaShohre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 05:32 AM   #10
David Morson

E-commerce is a very broad field and I feel that it is still has not too much expanded and it will only increase in the future. A serious threat for small businesses.

David Morson is offline   Reply With Quote