Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd January 2009, 11:58 AM   #1
ulysses31

Default Social Media Success

Ok, so you all use social media one way or another, and there are lots of posts about it in here. I'm really interested to hear if it is actually working for you... How are you targeting the right audience? Are they responding to you? Are you selling?

I work for a marketing agency in London. We love social media!! So chuck some thoughts over this way!!

James

ulysses31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th January 2009, 09:18 PM   #2
Felix Trogare

Hello James:
I am working in an advertisement campaign in Facebook, I have little time on this but I am getting profitable results!
Letís share your experiences!
Felix Trogare
New York University

Felix Trogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 01:18 AM   #3
Joe Naina

Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Naina

Hi Felix,what is the ad campaign in Facebook about

Joe Naina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 07:57 AM   #4
chesa7

When you say an ad campaign, do you mean that literally as in buying advertising?

chesa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2009, 08:59 PM   #5
Wayne Liew

Send a message via Skype™ to Wayne Liew

To get yourself targeted audience, you should spend some time searching for niche social media sites. On general social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook, you can follow or friend certain groups of people that you can find using Twitter Search or Facebook Groups.

Old 20th February 2009, 06:29 AM   #6
jimmy03

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Liew View Post
To get yourself targeted audience, you should spend some time searching for niche social media sites. On general social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook, you can follow or friend certain groups of people that you can find using Twitter Search or Facebook Groups.
Thats right and thats the main and basic fact to get succeed in Social Media.More time you will spend in websites of your niche, more you can increase interaction with people there related to your niche and more relevant traffic you will get from there.

jimmy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 11:29 AM   #7
Tom Lindstrom
VIP Contributor

You need to participate on the social sites, help others and they will help you.One important thing is to complete your profile on the social sites, your pic, your url, hobbies and so on.

On Twitter, I noticed that if you take the time to make your profile page unique, people will follow you.

Tom Lindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 03:40 AM   #8
Singh001

Default Nice Info.

Thanks for this useful information. I'm a new one in this forum. I must appreciate the tools provided by you. Please keep updating me in this regard.

Singh001 is offline   Reply With Quote