Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Print Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd June 2009, 12:30 AM   #21
didi07

banner for what?
online or offline marketing?

ooooppss.. i am wrong this is a print advertising section ....
sorry...

didi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th July 2009, 12:29 PM   #22
roni

yes u are right but it can help u in certain area but if u want to capture the whole market then i think u have to make different strategy..?!

roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 02:36 AM   #23
jarmaine

Banner advertising can be very effective. Above all, a good marketing strategy should be in place. You don't just put up banners without studying the best locations, the target audience, and what the message should be.

KyleStyler is right, it's about generating good content. Content and medium is key in effective communication. Come up with good content, find the best and most effective way for spreading your message to the appropriate audience.

jarmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 11:15 PM   #24
smartmind

Banner advertising is commonly practices by almost each type of organization as this is the most cheaper and reliable way to promote the products or services.

smartmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 12:36 AM   #25
colin1

Hello

1) Target Your Banners: Make sure they are on websites which fit your market. Banners which are linked to keywords in searches perform much better than random placements.
2) Get Attention: Conventional wisdom says you should try to grab attention through animation, bright colors, etc. The idea is sound, but be careful. Gaudy is not always good and visitors may be put off by "in your face" ads. Sometimes understatement can work wonders - a subtle ad might actually be what sets you apart.
3) Try Different Banners: Use a variety of banners and track their click-though statistics (the number of people who click on them). Be systematic - find out which ones work best and concentrate on them.
4) Call to Action: Banners allow visitors to take immediate action and you should take advantage of this. Use words like "Click here".
5) Make it Obvious: Although intrigue can sometimes work, the general rule is to make it obvious. Make sure the viewer knows exactly what the ad is for and what they can expect to happen when they click on it.

Thanks for reading

colin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 07:56 PM   #26
victorvera

Hi,

Well there a lot of factors that can contribute to the success of a banner ad. Some of these factors are a catchy image or creative ad copy, visibility and a good location must also be considered.

victorvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 09:04 AM   #27
ranamubashar

There is no doubt that advertising banners can provide you a lot of business. I like all of the above discussion related to advertisement by banner.

ranamubashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 11:14 PM   #28
hyperbolic

Unhappy

Most banners are ugly, though. How I wish people paid more attention to aesthetics before they actually had any printed.

hyperbolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 12:18 AM   #29
onthego

I agree with Hyperbolic. Lots of people try to cram too much into a banner. I don't think a banner's actually that big so you can fill it up. The size is for visibility, isn't it? I don't think it will work if you have paragraphs upon paragraphs of text or hundreds of indiscernible photos. Unless it's a hundred stories high or something.

But banners do have potential if designed well.

onthego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 05:24 PM   #30
EntrepeneuriAlR

Compared to other means of advertising I have tried (any and every kind you can imagine) if done in a smart manner, for an appropriate product or service..I can think of no more effective or cose effective means of advertising.

I have spent thousands per year on phone book ads. I have spent thousands per year on radio and television. The problem is (or the problems are) that the customer has to be listening, looking at that page or channel. The customer has to be receptive (and not tuned out because they are overly exposed ot advertising) The ad may appear in areas that you are not intereste in servicing. The list goes on and on .

I recently found this article which states some interesting numbers http://www.esigns.com/cost-effective.html as to the cost of banner advertising. I like those costs MUCH more than ALL other forms of advertising I have tried.

However, I have had some royal flops in regards to advertising with signs and banners as well. Almost all attributable to my ignorance and not researching the subject.

EntrepeneuriAlR is offline   Reply With Quote