Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th August 2012, 06:06 AM   #1
lile6666

Default Video Marketing Guidelines

hey Members

It is a known fact that video marketing for businesses is an asset. However, I have never tried this strategy before. What are the necessary steps to be taken to ensure the right video marketing?

lile6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th August 2012, 04:33 PM   #2
australianfran

Yes..! Video marketing is the best way to promote your business and this is how you can increase you business and explain people what your product is and can receive traffic at your site.

australianfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 02:58 AM   #3
websonalized

You could say that with video marketing its an extension of conventional marketing where you would use flyers, ads in the news paper or on the radio about your company.

If you have a website in this age video marketing is on of the ways in which you can increase the awareness of your product or service. The guidelines are pretty straight forward and easy to follow.

1) First of all most people love to watch a video and when promoting videos you should always have a title and it should always be relevant to what you're trying to promote.
2) The content should be good, if your going to make the video take some time to do your research and be sure to educate the audience. Put yourself in their shoes, you want to make sure that after they watch the video they've learned something.
3) Brand your videos when u create videos make sure that your logo can be seen on the videos to portray your company at all times.
4) As the video itself is going to inform your audience about your services or product you should always incorporate and link to your website. If its a specific service that's mentioned in the video, you should like to that service..

websonalized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 12:12 PM   #4
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

1. Ensure you have something interesting to say.
  2. Make the best video you can with the tools you can afford. Keep it short and sweet. Trust me, nobody wants to sit through a half hour of you droning on.
  3. Include a strong call to action. Make sure people know what their next step should be after they watch your video.
  4. Promote the heck out of the video once its posted. You may have the greatest video library in the world, but if nobody ever sees the videos they won't do you much good.

My

--Torka

Old 10th August 2012, 06:24 PM   #5
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

Just submit your video on popular video sharing sites and permote it with the help of social media platforms and social bookmarking.

Old 24th August 2012, 02:50 AM   #6
gardenegg

Quote:
Originally Posted by websonalized View Post
You could say that with video marketing its an extension of conventional marketing where you would use flyers, ads in the news paper or on the radio about your company.

If you have a website in this age video marketing is on of the ways in which you can increase the awareness of your product or service. The guidelines are pretty straight forward and easy to follow.

1) First of all most people love to watch a video and when promoting videos you should always have a title and it should always be relevant to what you're trying to promote.
2) The content should be good, if your going to make the video take some time to do your research and be sure to educate the audience. Put yourself in their shoes, you want to make sure that after they watch the video they've learned something.
3) Brand your videos when u create videos make sure that your logo can be seen on the videos to portray your company at all times.
4) As the video itself is going to inform your audience about your services or product you should always incorporate and link to your website. If its a specific service that's mentioned in the video, you should like to that service..
quite useful info ``i'd better try that asap``thx

gardenegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 02:51 AM   #7
gardenegg

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
  1. Ensure you have something interesting to say.
  2. Make the best video you can with the tools you can afford. Keep it short and sweet. Trust me, nobody wants to sit through a half hour of you droning on.
  3. Include a strong call to action. Make sure people know what their next step should be after they watch your video.
  4. Promote the heck out of the video once its posted. You may have the greatest video library in the world, but if nobody ever sees the videos they won't do you much good.

My

--Torka
really helpful```

gardenegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 03:35 AM   #8
RedFencePro

Default Oh I know this one!

First post!

Very good information here. I'm a professional videographer. I would suggest a few things when using video for marketing.

1st. Unless you are fairly skilled at shooting, lighting, recording, and editing a video with decent equipment, you should hire someone that at least knows how to put together a sharp video. People will judge your professionalism with poorly done videos. They may get the point across but the client/potential customer might be inclined to look elsewhere if a video is cheesy/long/poorly done ect.

2nd. Make sure the videographer/production company knows what you want. If you want a 30 second ad. then tell that exactly that. But if you are looking to explain your product like an infomercial tell them that. Just make sure most people won't watch a video for more than a couple minutes unless you make your ad a short film. :P

3rd. Use your video! Video will naturally make bring clients/customers more at ease about your product. Place your video on your homepage and make sure everyone knows it is there. Some people prefer reading, but in this modern "fast food" era people want the get the information quickly and attractively.

Video is the fastest growing form of advertising today. You are definitely on the right track.

RedFencePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 06:53 PM   #9
SoldWithVideo

Some other good tips for video marketing are to do some keyword research. You want your video to be seen so make sure when you title your video on video sites that it is titled with the best keywords to get you the most viewers.

I would also recommend setting up several videos. For example, if you are a yoga instructor you can set up a video advertising your services but then also create videos called "How to do downward dog" or other yoga positions. Then upload it to youtube and get it optimized. At the end of your video you can say "get more helpful tips at www.yoursite.com or see us at 123 your address."

By having more videos and educational videos people will get a feel for you and get a great idea of what you can offer. You can almost form a relationship with them before they come in.

YouTube is becoming a great place for how to videos and a lot of people go to youtube first before going anywhere else when learning something. By creating How To videos of your industry and then plugging your business in the end of the video is a great way to build your brand.

Old 29th September 2012, 12:08 AM   #10
MKaufman

Default Just a Few Extra Points

I'm brand new to the forum , but thought I'd add my two cents to an already valuable thread that offers some terrific insights to video marketing.

I would definitely agree that posting HowTo and educational videos to your YouTube channel is a definite must that will really gain you alot of trust and authority with your potential customers.

Just make sure that all of these videos contain your logo and/or website address in a prominent way (probably at the beginning AND the end of your video. Never miss an opportunity to brand yourself through your YouTube videos.

Short video intros/outros are great for that. There are alot of places to get them done online. You can do them yourself through a number of free or paid services. There are lots of Fiverr gigs that offer to do these for you. I myself offer Fiverr gigs to perform this service for just $5 (or I offer to teach you to do it yourself via numerous methods for the same $5 pricetag - effectively cutting out the middle man).

For continuity, these intros/outros can also be used as a short video introduction on your website or through other venues. If you get one or two really professional looking intros/outros done, they can be reused and repurposed many many times for numerous YouTube videos and other situations. So, the money spent to get them done is well worth it, if you don't want to do them yourself.

One very easy way to make use of these is to upload your video intro to YouTube and keep it private, but leave it in your account. Then, anytime you make a new video, upload it to YouTube and then enter the YouTube editor.

In the editor you can merge multiple videos from your account together into one video (along with basic, but appealing transitions between them). So, drag your video intro to the beginning of the new video project. Then, grab the transition you want. Then, grab the new video that you just uploaded. Save the new project and you now have a new YouTube video with your video intro professionally added to the beginning of it. You could, of course, add it to the end too, if you'd like, effectively sandwiching your new video between company branding.

Also, be sure that the very first thing that you type in the description field that shows under your YouTube video is a link to whatever site/page you'd like them most to visit (and that is directly related to the video in question).

And, don't be shy about pointing it out during the course of your video (for instance, "For more info on this topic, be sure to click the link below this video". A "call to action" should never be overlooked, even if only a subtle one. As long as you've provided good info in the video, most viewers will appreciate you pointing out a link to more info (as long as the link DOES actually provide some additional valuable info or resources).

Another good point that was made in this thread was to keep things short and sweet (at least as much as possible). I know that some topics can be a bit complex and may require a bit more detail, but, whenever possible, keep your videos very short and to the point.

This is actually advice that I need to pay close attention to myself oftentimes, because I'm a very wordy person. Maybe write a script for your video and then work through it and try to cut out as much as possible and shorten your sentences as much as possible without really losing the "meat" of the presentation. Once you think you've got it widdled down as far as possible, THEN put it into a video to put up on YouTube.

Be sure that, when you create the video, you HOOK the viewer right up front. Pose a question right up front that you know many of the viewers will REALLY want an answer to. Then, don't answer it yet, but tell them that you WILL during the course of the video, but hold off on providing the answer till later in the video. This gives them a really good reason to watch the video all the way through.

You can even allude to the question and the upcoming answer a time or two as you go through the video, just to remind them that they want to keep watching. You'd be amazed at how effective this can be.

People don't like unanswered questions. They want to "close the loop". So, they'll keep watching till it's closed. And, sometimes, you can even nest these "open loops", by alluding to other "secrets" or "mysteries" that you're going to reveal. Then, periodically close some loops while leaving others open. This is tricky at first, but if you get good at it, you'll see amazing results with it.

If you've got a website or blog, be sure to post the video to a new page/post. Try to provide additional value on the page that compliments but does not duplicate the video. This can be the page that you link to from your YouTube video description.

In fact, it would be a good idea to provide some sort of real, tangible BONUS information or resources that your viewers will really want to get their hands on, and make it available from that web/blog page. Then, within your video and also in the YouTube video description be sure to point out that "bonus material" and its usefulness and encourage the viewer to check it out. This can make a HUGE difference in how many YouTube viewers actually click the link to visit the page.

The beauty of also adding these videos to your website is that, if the videos are good and people will actually watch them through, you can SIGNIFICANTLY increase your "time on site" for each visitor that comes through, and Google pays very close attention to this attribute of a site.

The longer searchers remain on your site after clicking your link in the Google search listings, the more Google will perceive your site to be an authority on whatever that person was originally searching for. As a result, over time, this will actually boost your Google ranking for that and related search phrases, and this can be a HUGE boost to your traffic, especially if you're doing alot of videos.

As far as the actual videos themselves, you can, of course, use free software like CamStudio or various others to do desktop screenshots for website/internet/software tutorials and reviews. It actually works quite well. You can even use it to do basic "powerpoint" type presentations in video form.

Just create your powerpoint presentation (or use LibreOffice Impress which is a free alternative that's just about as good as PowerPoint), put it into presentation mode and turn on your desktop recorder to record that particular window. As each slide in the presentation comes up, it will be recorded in video format by your desktop recorder (along with your voice if you're using a mic). It's actually quite slick, and you can use the Presentation software to create nice slide transitions and effects to make it even more professional.

If you want to record yourself, then the very elegant "white background" effect that you often see in MAC type videos is great, and actually quite easy to do for very little expense. A blank wall, some white paint, a few lights and a semi-decent camera that will record video are really all you need along with possibly some free video editing software, of which there are many options. It's actually a REALLY professional looking effect that you can easily do on any blank wall in your house, basement, garage, etc.

A great YouTube tutorial on this "white background" effect can be found here (http://youtu.be/rZP0qKVJOlc). I didn't create it, but the guy who did has done a really good job of explaining how to acheive the affect at very low cost.

===== Post Too Long - Separating Into Another Post =====

MKaufman is offline   Reply With Quote