Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th April 2013, 05:10 PM   #1
uspackaging

Default More Into Internet Marketing Or More Into Offline Marketing?

We have grown our business on passive income internet sales. We are to a point that we could spend more money on SEO or SEM marketing or use that money for some offline marketing. I like the idea of staying with what works, but it has taken years and years to build our client base with internet sales. Any ideas on faster offline techniques that offer a high ROI?

Old 23rd May 2013, 09:45 AM   #2
Yomi

Hey there,

I visited both of your websites, YouTube Channel, and your Facebook sites. If your online marketing is fueling your sales then I think you should continue in that direction.

However it doesn't hurt to diversify a little and test out other offline advertising mediums. Here is what I would suggest.

Based on your online analytics data, you should know which industries are driving your online sales. You can create direct mail postcards with Q.R codes and target those industries. The Q.R codes, when scanned by the users mobile device, can drive them to an online video demonstration of how your shrink wrap products can be used in their business. Then provide a call to action at the end of the video like "Call us now for more information" to get a response.

There is a service called Sendpepper that will allow you to track visitors that come directly from your postcard. Based on the data you will know quickly if sending to a specific industry or demographic using direct mail is a waste of time or if it will be profitable. You can also test things on your flyer like the ad copy, headlines, graphics, etc and know immediately which combination is the most effective to convert customers into buying your products.

You can also use ad tracking numbers to determine what part of the country calls are coming from and direct your marketing efforts in that part of the region.

I think this could be very profitable for you if planned out correctly. One thing I noticed on your site is that you have no lead capture forms. You are losing a lot of money by not being able to send out emails on promotions, specials, etc.

Let me know if you want me to explain further. Hope this gives you some direction.

Yomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:10 AM   #3
uspackaging

Thanks for the info, We will get to work on some lead capture forms.

Old 24th May 2013, 03:38 AM   #4
mktgbiz

Online or offline, an incentive to purchase such as a free Mini Maglite (carrying your company logo) would encourage new purchases.

If you utilize offline, and I recommend you do, use some sort of incentive to add them as a new customer or as a new lead that can be placed in your data base for future communications!

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 06:37 AM   #5
promoromo

I agree with mktgbiz. Having both online and offline presence is good but if you are getting more sales from offline clients, then you ought to reinforce your offline marketing by giving out corporate gifts or promotional products

promoromo is offline   Reply With Quote