Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th October 2012, 03:52 PM   #21
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

There are a lot of ways to drive traffic to site. Social media sites is one of them . They are huge source of unique and targeted traffic.Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are the best sites to get traffic and promote products.

Old 8th November 2012, 02:07 AM   #22
morganlong

As per my experience i found that Social media marketing and Social Bookmarking are the best free techniques which generate huge traffic in small time. Other techniques like Press release and Classified submission are also effective for traffic generation.

morganlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 06:43 PM   #23
Toshiba

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mktgbiz View Post
It's an inner-connected marketing effort.

Quick List-
1). Facebook
2). Twitter
3). Forums (add link in your signature) (Always been a fast working, favorite of mine BUT you have to particpate in a relevant way).
4). Emails (Add link in your signature)
5). Fiverr (it isn't free, but it's a site where you can hire someone to do something for 5 bucks).
6). About Me page on eBay
7). Submit site to product related sites. For example when I started pocketknivesblog.com I did a search for submit knife site and found a couple sites realted to knives that allowed me to list my site.
8). YouTube (that can be very quick).
9). Blogs - take too long IMHO.
10). Write an ebook and give it away to website visitors!
===============================================
I think Mktgbiz that you've pretty much summed everything up in a nutshell & what you can do on some of the Social Networking Sites like Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn, start replying to other people's comments, asking questions, start networking & building relationships.

You can take a blog & build up a blogging association by creating valuable content on a consistent basis, promoting your content & enticing others to leave comments on your posts by may be asking questions related to your topics at the end of your posts.

If you're a newbie my suggestion is to pick out anywhere from 1-2 strategies, set aside certain hours to work on them consistently before you even think about moving on to something else.

I see a lot of Internet Marketers try to do to much at one time which usually leads up to nothing working out for them because they really didn't take the time to work on 1-2 things slowly & consistently.

So set your goals & be realistic, pick out your strategies & work on them each & every day before you know have so much traffic coming in that you won't know what to do.

Toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 10:51 PM   #24
D_Kotian

Facebook and twitter are the best to increase website traffic. PPC also increases the website traffic. But need more money.

Old 15th November 2012, 11:57 AM   #25
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

There are no shortcuts if you want to build a strong site. Guest blogging is very popular now - look for a high-quality blog in your industry/niche, with a good pagerank. And also you should use social media sites.

Old 1st December 2012, 11:56 AM   #26
cableman315

Send a message via Skype™ to cableman315

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocotime View Post
Besides paying into adwords what are some other techniques to increase webtraffic. (free )
if you know how to create video's I would use u-tube and create a hub
which means setting up 3 utube accts, 3 separate gmail accts, caution you need to have a free software called ccleaner, and use ech time before you set up each acct, so it doesnt recognise you as setting up multible accts

the first u-tube acct should have a name that is keyword targeted and match your gmail setup for same keyword, example my first hub has freemlmleadstoday and my gmail is the same, next edit name on utube, instead of using your name change to your key word, upload video with url in the video for site, containing keyword in url example as listed in my own,

as explained in setting up gmail and utube, now that you have utube video up take that link and create 2 other videos with that utube link embeded in new videos, set up 2nd gmail and utubes acct's example freemlmleadstoday12 and freemlmleadstoday22 then upload new videos which point to first utube acct, last step join vagex (free) and upload primary video and download viewer which helps you get a lot of views. if any of this is confusing contact me thru my profile cableman315

cableman315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 10:57 PM   #27
SEOGuy

Default Viral Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocotime View Post
Besides paying into adwords what are some other techniques to increase webtraffic. (free )
What I personally target and produce is meme's and word searches which can be customized and targeted to your specific niche audience. They have a uniqueness about them that makes them extremely viral while being able to carry your URL forward.

Guy

SEOGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 03:02 PM   #28
candygirl

Do social media posting! of course in order to be successful at getting traffic from your company's social media account you need to connect with your existing market but that wouldnt be too hard... You can like add a QR code in your store for all your clients to add or if this is an online company, you can send an invite via email or add buttons of your social media accounts in your website

candygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:57 AM   #29
SalinaRoy

Use Seo techniques to increase your website traffic. High quality content and other relevant and educational information is important to increase your website traffic.

SalinaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 02:04 PM   #30
AizelCaroline

Yes it is true that content is very important. Now people can not use black hat techniques because search engine algorithms have become more powerful. Now search engines are giving importance to pages that are unique and have relevant content. You can improve your ranking and traffic with quality content.

AizelCaroline is offline   Reply With Quote