Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd December 2011, 11:06 AM   #1
natureRULZ

Default Question About Backlink

To have a backlink make effect is it necessary to be placed on pages indexed by the search engine?

natureRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd December 2011, 01:51 PM   #2
A to Z Roofing

From everything I have read, this would indeed be the case. Maybe one of the pros can chime in?

A to Z Roofing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2011, 03:37 AM   #3
melissacatwalk

Of course it is better to leave a link on the page which has been indexed as a robot will easily find your link and a site will be identified by the search engine.

Old 27th December 2011, 02:18 PM   #4
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Let's think about this for a minute. If the page where the link exists has not been indexed by the search engines, then how can they know about the link? If they don't know about it, then how can it count for anything?

Yes, in order for a link to "count," it has to be on an indexed page.

However, don't make the mistake of thinking that just because the page is indexed, the links on it automatically count.

--Torka

Old 27th December 2011, 07:55 PM   #5
snellexperts

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. And yeah, just because a site has been indexed, doesn't mean that it has been indexed since you posted. Good example is I did some distribution a few weeks ago, and only a portion of what I distributed has shown up yet.

snellexperts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 12:50 AM   #6
shanehubert

well that is for sure, to count it as beneficial for you it need to be indexed. If it is not indexed then it will not be counted as your backlink as indexer don't know about it.

shanehubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 04:42 PM   #7
jwmann2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellexperts View Post
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. And yeah, just because a site has been indexed, doesn't mean that it has been indexed since you posted. Good example is I did some distribution a few weeks ago, and only a portion of what I distributed has shown up yet.
Exactly. Pages are indexed at different rates. In my experience, the higher the page rank and the more often their content is updated, the faster your link will be indexed. It takes a while for the robots to find all of your links. That's why you have to do your link building everyday.
And you don't want only dofollow backlinks. How does that look in the eyes of google if you have no nofollow links? It looks very unnatural.

jwmann2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 12:19 AM   #8
DavidVilla8

Profile link building is a worthwhile SEO technique lately in use. In profile link building, you create user profiles on various forums, blogs, social media, message boards, guest books and web 2.0 sites, etc. as most of these sites allow you to add your site URL and description, and so you can add your site URL along with a few anchor text links on these profiles. Thus, profile link building utilizes the authority of popular third party websites for the sake of building backlinks to the target pages.

DavidVilla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:15 PM   #9
Ryanloop

Quote:
To have a backlink make effect is it necessary to be placed on pages indexed by the search engine?
Right, for a backling have any effect it is necessary that the pages in which this post is link, whether they are indexed or are indexed in a short time ... they say if you have a backlink on a page example.com/your-backlink.html are not indexed, the page for google at the moment there is neither your link nor

Ryanloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 12:47 PM   #10
creativesnaps

Also the higher a pages rank (page rank) that gives you a backlink it will carry more value, be careful some sites now have nofollow command so the links will not get indexed by robots, download the SEO Quake toolbar and it will show you if the links dofollow

creativesnaps is offline   Reply With Quote