Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > Success Stories and Profiles
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th August 2010, 05:24 AM   #31
AlottaSigns

Default We sell signs

Hi,

We are in the sign business. Every business (at least all the ones that have customers come in) has to have signs, whether it's Restroom, No Smoking, Employees Only, We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service, Fire Extinguisher, Exit... the list goes on and on. We also have novelty signs that can be used for gift ideas or people that just want want to add a little humor around their workplace, we have Beware of Dog signs, No Trespassing signs, Parking signs... well you get the idea - we have signs that just about anybody could use.

It's a fun and easy business that we do 100% online so we can have a flexible schedule. If we need a day off, we can take one without having to "beg the boss." We started out pretty slow, but after redoing our website, some word of mouth, and returning customers, it's picking up.

We spend a lot of time researching our competitor's signs prices and quality and we are proud to say we have considerably lower prices and just as good or better quality. We want to keep it that way, but we are afraid when we step up a notch and have to do pay-per-click, SEO, or other advertising, we will have to raise our prices to cover those expenses.

We're glad to be here and look forward to chatting more!

Have a great day!

AlottaSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 31st August 2010, 01:30 AM   #32
eDevSoft

Send a message via Skype™ to eDevSoft

Hi,

I am into the business of Web Designing and Web Development, which includes web portals, corporate websites, e-Commerce stores, custom programming.

We work as a team of 6 and we all specialize in our respective fields of endeavor. We also devise and undertake campaigns of internet marketing which includes search engine optimization, link building, social media marketing and content development specific to few fields.

We at eDevSoft also perform broadcast advertising using channels of mobile marketing through text messaging and email marketing.

I am also striving to promote Electronic Cigarettes in my community to prevent people from smoking harmful tobacco cigarettes and use safer eCigs.

I had successfully ran an IT Training Institute which used to offer networking, web designing, web development and desktop application development courses. We also ran numerous batches of training for International Certifications like MCSE, MCSD, OCP, CCNA, etc. and my institute was a Certified Prometric Testing Center.

It is my aspiration to get established as one of the leading IT solution providers in my country and offer our services to clients' located globally.

eDevSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 11:10 AM   #33
Spike

I'm into distribution business right now. I don't really manufacture things but I distribute things. Things I distribute are skin care and health care products.

Biggest challenges is having been into debted far too of what I have though of in my life. But because of that debt and challenege, I was able to overcome those and be wealthier than what I have been ever.

Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:05 PM   #34
jsesic

Spray Foam Equipment and Spray Foam Rigs are what I do here at my company, Paratus Supply. I've been at it for a number of years now and am continuing to grow the business since starting it. I focus heavily on online marketing, SEO and social media have become huge interests for me of late.

Anyways just wanted to introduce my business, thanks.

jsesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 05:00 AM   #35
grafikrtist

Default Im a freelance graphic designer

I am a freelance graphic designer and I have been doing graphic designer for seven years. I enjoy which makes work easy. What I like most about my job is working with people and getting to know them. It makes it easier to work with people you take the time to know.

Last edited by grafikrtist; 5th April 2011 at 05:03 AM.
grafikrtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 11:53 AM   #36
BSI

My primary and current business is as a Security Consultant and Researcher. I run a security information website providing security related information to small and medium sized businesses. Information includes computer security, physical and fraud. I started this business after working with small and medium sized businesses in a security consulting role for this market. From this I realized how hard it is for most businesses to find relevant security information for their business so I made our website to be that for them, covering all areas of security. Currently I don't sell anything on the site but have plans of providing some information products on it as I develop them as well as providing consulting services.

I am also in the process of adding a couple of other businesses including a local tech service business and another website geared towards survival. Lastly, I am looking at adding a part-time martial arts and self defense school here in the fall of this year.

Lost my day job this year so transitioning into nothing but my own businesses. Exciting time but also there is nothing to fall back on since don't have a day job anymore but the positive is that now I have time to ramp of these businesses where I did not before. I have done more in the past month then I had accomplished in year previously to this.

Great to be on this forum and see all the great businesses and business ideas out there.

BSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2013, 06:48 AM   #37
Karry

Presently work at a small firm as senior manager. Personally, I am a most active tech blogger, and also planning to launch a new travel blog.

This is my story, what yours??

Karry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2014, 03:52 PM   #38
irish

Default Residential Painting

I started a painting company in Boston a couple years ago that focused on interior and exterior painting of homes. A few months ago we started getting affiliates in other coverage areas. The plan is to have coverage in every state eventually.

Old 24th June 2015, 11:22 AM   #39
daniel86br

Default brazillian business

I'm 39 years and am a marketing consultant and sales in Brazil .
currently I have two consultants, the Empreendedor Moderno, a consultant for entrepreneurship , focused on personal marketing. And the Negociação Ninja Vendas, a company dedicated to Negotiation and Persuasion in Sales.

I'm here because I'm thinking of living in the US and dedicate myself to consulting for Latinos !

many Latinos go to the USA to try life in small business , I think a consultancy focused on them would be interesting. What do you think ???

sorry my english

daniel86br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 04:44 PM   #40
matthew86

We're running a small firm that specializes on confitures. It's a family business.