Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th October 2012, 09:22 PM   #1
Seattle

Default Dropshipping

If I were to start a drop shipping business, which niche should I focus on? Should I focus on products that are "recession proof"? Like food for example?

Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 25th October 2012, 01:47 PM   #2
viper_one
VIP Contributor

Where is you passion? Something you know about? Wouldn't that be a good place to start?

Old 28th October 2012, 03:22 AM   #3
pwhite

I agree with viper_one. Find what you like to do first. It's hard to start a business you don't like. For me even food businesses aren't recession proof. I know somebody here in our place who didn't succeed at that one. I think it depends on how you manage your business well especially in terms of sales and marketing. Quality matters most if you'll start with this kind of business.

Old 28th October 2012, 11:52 AM   #4
cashloansonline

Good advice - find a niche you know and are passionate about. Also, look for a market that is either not being served or is currently being underserved.
Lastly, regarding dropshipping. Know that if those that provide the product get their hands on your customer's information, they will try to steal that customer from you.

cashloansonline is offline   Reply With Quote