Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th October 2008, 01:02 PM   #1
BreatheEZ

Default Trade Show Cost????

Hey All

We are starting a business and are in the final stages and are looking to do some tradshows. We are a company with a low budget, but we are also a company that doesnt cost most. Anyhow, I was wondering if any of you experts out there can give us some ideas on getting through a trade show without wiping out our bank account. I have looked around at different trade show display sites and all i can say is wow, kind of expensive. I have found some stands on ebay and found decent pricing printing around town. then we get to the cost of entering the actual trade show. Since there are people out there that have been around the corner I was wondering if you could give us any ideas on cutting costs for a trade show or even a marketing plan that you can still be marketed at a trade show without paying anything perhaps

Well thanks in advance for the replies

BreatheEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th October 2008, 10:27 AM   #2
sdk1988
VIP Contributor

Default Trade Show Display Costs

There are many options for trade show displays there are several low cost modular solutions that as your company grows, so to can your exhibit space.

What size exhibit have you been pricing? Are you looking for banner stands, pop-ups? Custom Exhibits are very costly and with the steep rise in shipping costs, I have noticed many companies that are changing the design and flexibility so that they can attend several shows a year for lower costs.

Susie

Last edited by sdk1988; 28th October 2008 at 07:02 AM.
sdk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 12:46 PM   #3
spencer

You have to be more specific (what kind of business is that, what exactly do you need for the trade shows, etc) if you want more answers.

spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 12:17 PM   #4
ExpoExpert

Default You Are The Booth! The booth is not you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreatheEZ View Post
Hey All

We are starting a business and are in the final stages and are looking to do some tradshows. We are a company with a low budget, but we are also a company that doesnt cost most. Anyhow, I was wondering if any of you experts out there can give us some ideas on getting through a trade show without wiping out our bank account. I have looked around at different trade show display sites and all i can say is wow, kind of expensive. I have found some stands on ebay and found decent pricing printing around town. then we get to the cost of entering the actual trade show. Since there are people out there that have been around the corner I was wondering if you could give us any ideas on cutting costs for a trade show or even a marketing plan that you can still be marketed at a trade show without paying anything perhaps

Well thanks in advance for the replies
You should not have to spend a lot for your booth. I have spoken directly to many ceo's of multi million dollar companies and they complain about booth costs. Remember this, an expo/trade show is like a car sale. You see all of the dealerships lined up in a row and they have to get a limited amount of customers on their lots. As they try to lure you in, they have to spend more and more and create more outlandish props to get your attention. What happens is that the props become the main focus, not the cars. Same with the expos. The booth becomes the center of attraction, not the product! When you begin, remember you are the main reason your prospects will come into your booth. Stay out in front, be aggressive but nice, smile and be friendly and stay focused! Also, make sure you film your booth, get some testimonials from interested people and broadcast your video on your website, blog and upload the interviews/testimonials on the social media/video sites such as youtube, myspace, google, facebook etc.. President elect Obama used this online media strategy to reach new audiences, voters etc.. and you can do the same! If you do this, I guarantee you will leave your competition way behind because you will have an online presence working for you year round, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week long after your expo is over.

Good luck.

Rey

ExpoExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 12:26 PM   #5
FireFold-Jennie

When we started shopping for our trade show booth we found one with velcro back that allowed us to change our graphics as needed. Also, I would suggest www.dollarimprint.com for some of your promotional items. We have used them multiple times and the items always come as promised and in a timely manner. Also their cost are relatively cheap compared to others.

FireFold-Jennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 04:34 PM   #6
jm3

You can try to get a rental instead of buying a display, that would definitely cut costs.

jm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 03:46 PM   #7
AtlanticCity

Default Partnering

Renting is always an option if you need standard display materials.

But have you considered partnering with another complementy but not competitive business in your local area. You can share rental space costs as well as cut down on the staffing needs.

Yours costs would be half!

AtlanticCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 05:41 AM   #8
displayexpert

I would have to agree that more details are needed to give you an estimate of how much it might cost.
A budget demonstrations counter for instance will cost in the region of £125, whereas a display booth will cost in the region of £1,500.

displayexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:12 AM   #9
touchkit

Investigate the “show within a show” concept.
You will share a trade show booth, your sale/marketing force will communicate with attendees/prospects remotely/on real time using the Voip technology, if you will choose to use interactivity you will allow visitors to participate with you in their quest for information about products or services, users ‘point to click’ any menu-based multi-media presentation, etc.
A 2008 Trade Show Expenses report shows that cost of floor space and travel & living represent more than 50% of the expenses.

http://www.skyline.com/Trade-Show-Tips/2008_june1

touchkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 08:49 PM   #10
webmaster8753

If you have a b2b product, you could do some bartering or a joint venture with a trade show display manufacturer to get a price cut or even a free exhibition stand.

webmaster8753 is offline   Reply With Quote