Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th June 2014, 02:25 AM   #1
pihu147741

Default What Are Some Low-cost SMS Marketing Tools For Small Business?

Hello everyone,

I want to know that, What are some low-cost SMS marketing tools for small business?

pihu147741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st July 2014, 03:59 AM   #2
Jan Godlewski

Cheap, but great ones: Ez Texting, Mozeo, Stop N Text, Textingly, ProTexting. There are many more, but they also cost more and you really don't need to pay that much.

Cheers!

Old 21st July 2014, 01:46 PM   #3
qualitycustom

Do you really want to use SMS for marketing? That seems to me like a good way to create enemies.

Ron

qualitycustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 04:03 PM   #4
lance hudgins

Try twillio.com they are cheap or callfire.com

lance hudgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 06:45 PM   #5
qualitycustom

oh my gosh whatever you do, do not use Callfire. I have a long history with them and I do not know another company that is as bad as they are. Yikes!

Ron

By the way, Twilio is great.

qualitycustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 04:30 PM   #6
SuperContractor

Default Agree with Twilio

Twilio is reasonably priced and rock-solid technically. It might take some custom integration though. I build a really technical app on Twilio, my app wasn't the best, but Twilio rocked.

SuperContractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2014, 05:24 PM   #7
Rewardster

Default Text Message tools

Hello Pihu,

I'm assuming you're looking for a solution that allows you to allow customers to provide you with contact phone numbers and a way to send promotional offers to those customers. If I've mistaken your meaning, please do explain in greater detail.

If that's the case, the most important question is how complete a solution are you looking for? Something that's manual in nature, requiring your manual input of contact information and manual sending of promotional offers, or something more automatic, with additional benefits to help grow your business?

If you are looking for something that can be done manually, most cell phone companies offer a way to send text-messages to their consumers directly, without requiring a third-party tool to do so, as long as you:

1) Know the cell phone number of your customer.
2) Know the cell phone provider/host they use.

With that information you can look up the requirements of each cell phone provider. Verizon, for example, simply requires that you place the cell phone number of the individual followed by '@vtext.com'. So for example, if your customer's cell phone number is: 555-444-1234, you would send this customer a text message by sending the message to:

[email protected]

Each cell phone provider has their own similar method of contact. You'll want to research each to learn how each requires the messages formatted.

One thing to keep in mind is that, at least in the United States, cell phone marketing is required to be an Opt-In-Only option, meaning you'll need your customer's express permission to send them text-message offers. Quoting from the government's Federal Trade Commission website:

"Under the FCC’s rules, texts and commercial email messages may be sent to your mobile phone if you previously agreed to receive them. For texts that are commercial, your consent must be in writing (for example, in an email or letter); for non-commercial, informational texts (such as such as those by or on behalf of tax-exempt non-profit organizations, those for political purposes, and other noncommercial purposes, such as school closings) your consent may be oral."

Because of this, my recommendation is to use a tool or service that supports these requirements and provides the necessary Opt-In functions for you. My company provides such a service. If you'd like more information about that, please do let me know.

Rewardster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 03:58 PM   #8
RyanTC

Default SMS Marketing Tools

Here are some resources you may use in your marketing:
1. SMS Marketing, Text Message Marketing & Mass Texting
2. SMS Marketing instant marketing
Good Luck!

Old 31st January 2015, 05:41 PM   #9
natemcmullin

Twilio is great, but you have to either use a script or plugin that integrates with it, or write something custom. But it can do quite a bit. I recently found a plugin that integrates with WordPress and can SMS subscribers via Twilio, great script, needed some tweaks, but so far it's been working well ...

natemcmullin is offline   Reply With Quote