Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Sales
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st February 2014, 12:46 AM   #1
harriss305

Smile How Can I Improve Sales

I have been trying to make sales on my shirts do anyone have any tips on how to be successful at selling shirts.

harriss305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st February 2014, 07:55 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

It's from 9 years ago, but see this for some inspiration
http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...ead.php?t=3177

Old 22nd February 2014, 10:07 PM   #3
ShortcutAccount

Try and find a niche. Who would be the best buyers of your shirts?

Here's a guy that built his shirt business by understanding exactly who would be the ideal buyers of his shirts, and then focused on marketing/selling only to those buyers.

My wife and I have a website that sells paint, which is too vague of a description. But the paint we have is a specialty paint you can use to paint your furniture and home decor items. So, we focus on targeting women who are into 'crafts, hobby, DIY etc'. Once you know who your target market is, it makes it easier to segment markets and find those people. We find our ideal customer on Facebook and through bloggers who blog about DIY and craft stuff.

So try and figure out exactly who your shirts are for:

athletes? skaters? women? men? kids? babies? business? casual?

Then craft a marketing message and sales pitch that would appeal to your buyer and then deliver that message wherever your buyers are likely to be found. One tip is to go find the person who already is selling something to your ideal market and then sell them on why they should either carry your shirts, or introduce you to their group of customers/followers.

Old 14th March 2014, 02:32 PM   #4
WhiteRhinoMedia

What kind of shirts?

Old 18th September 2014, 10:35 AM   #5
Evotank

Default Shirts

Are you selling them online, in markets or in a commercial centers, are you selling them wholesale or retail?

I reckon the guys and gals in this forum can help you with anything so give them as many specifics as possible

I wear shirts...and I need a few new ones actually

Evotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 02:56 AM   #6
cbcbusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriss305 View Post
I have been trying to make sales on my shirts do anyone have any tips on how to be successful at selling shirts.
You do not worry about it, I know it's tough one but it does not mean it's impossible. Now in this modern, you should use online portal and marketing platform to market your shirt and get feedback of your shirt. You should use facebook and twitter platforms for online order.

cbcbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 08:49 AM   #7
Sushant_09

Default How to Improve Sales?

I think there are number of ways that can lead to increase in number of sales. Try these following strategies:

1. Use content marketing - It is great way to get your company noticed through unique and good quality content. Content marketing generally means getting found by prospective customers rather than trying to push your products or services to non-interested customers. Try to publish content on good authority websites. It will not only improves the conversion rates but also improves the customer satisfaction.

2. Use Upsells to increase sales.
3. Try to create a product that has demand.
4. Clever Pricing
5. Always run a customer reward program.
6. Advertising is an essential part of marketing. It brings more and more spot light to your products.
7. Give out free samples to customers.

Sushant_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 10:11 PM   #8
Brooke.Harper

Default Re:

What kind of shirts are you selling? Are they customized or personalized shirts? What's your target market? Men, Women, both? Age?

The basic stuff are on a need-to-know basis simply because they're important in improving the sales aspect of your business. Asking yourself these questions lets you figure out who you're selling these shirts to and what kind of shirts they like plus, where your target market can be found "hanging out". Once you know who you're marketing to, you'll be able to figure out where to market your products -- online or offline, even both.