Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th October 2013, 09:51 PM   #21
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

Thank you. I started out 3 years ago with no clients. I did 25 returns last year. I just did 3 this month.

I have 90 percent repeat business. I am getting referrals right now too. During the off tax season I have been marketing doing SEO and Facebook. I have been active in community organizations too.

I am expecting a big jump in my numbers this tax season I am at the point or very soon at the point were I am tired of giving away too much of my time for free. Price increases are coming

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th October 2013, 09:58 AM   #22
Murray Cowell

Hi!

Try building a Facebook page and a Pinterest account, I really believe it's gonna help you a lot!

All the best!

Murray Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:34 PM   #23
Avsharp

Default Email Marketing and Social

In addition to social media, I would put together a referral and upsell marketing campaign. You have a current customer base that liked your work, so why not market to them again and again? They are more likely to buy your product again since they did so in the first place.

Additionally, asking for referrals and then rewarding your customers with coupons will help you attract more customers. It will also help build up your email base so you can market to them periodically.

Imagine sending an email with your newest work? People would love to see it and one of them will probably buy it. Or, you could have them share the image on Pinterest and Facebook and maybe one of their friends will purchase it. Boom! Now you have a new customer.

There are a lot of easy CRM and email marketing softwares. I use Infusionsoft because it's easy to use and they have good tech support. They also have an ecommerce feature so you could build out your blogspot website into something more robust.

Avsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 04:55 PM   #24
micinqld

Smile Who is your target customer

You indicated who you think is buying but have you established the profile of your buyer and why they buy.
Easy to ask with each order.
Once you have a better idea of your target market, methods of reaching them will become clearer.
You could link up with another supplier(s) who services that market to compliment their offering.
As others have said, word of mouth is a powerful, but slow, method.
Be proactive and get your story in the local paper or newsletter.
All the best with it.

micinqld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 01:09 PM   #25
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Reaching out for more people that is interested with your business comes in many form. You can try online marketing, that has many branches, that you should check on. or try giving fliers to your reached persons so that they can recommend your business to other people. Marketing wise those things will help you reach those who needs your service.

Old 9th December 2013, 12:48 AM   #26
karenfisher252

Now that you have an idea of online marketing, identify your customers and create groups. Create a separate campaign for each group. Targeted advertising will give you an idea which section of customers need what.

karenfisher252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 10:00 AM   #27
focusedlife

Default Make Use Of High Traffic Service Sites

If i may,

You may want to make use of sites like Fiverr.com, Elance, Odesk, Classified Ads (I know you have a craigslist ad about this service, right?)...etc.

Why Fiverr?

You can actually charge more than $5 bucks if you use your noggin, even starting from scratch.

The way to make this worth your while is to obviously offer services that do not take you a great deal of your own personal time, AND you should offer (incentivize positive feedback) by having a bonus....a one and done bonus, not something that takes you more time (you'll go crazy that way).

I found a guy making $300-$500 a day of fiverr (blew my mind), i interviewed him and set off to try and replicate....

I didn't...but I did make about $100 a day in my case study and the gigs only took me 2 minutes to deliver.

You have skills....post them EVERYWHERE you can, even sites you may not have thought of such as Ebay, Etsy, etc.

Get creative and your services will be sought.

You can also make use of forum classified sections such as Warriors for hire, Digital Point and others.

Just a few ideas....hope that was helpful.

Regards

Los

focusedlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 01:34 AM   #28
Cindy16

Make use of social media.. They are free and easy to use.. Just make sure that you post great pictures that are attractive to potential customers.

Old 11th February 2014, 04:50 PM   #29
rr151

Default Have you thought about using local businesses...

Here is a thought...

How about visiting your local restaurant. That is the one you go to every Friday for a steak, you know the one. Offer to create your works of art for their walls maybe if they really like your art trade food for art.

The hook is that if their clients that visit the restaurant regularly like your work they hand out your business cards to all that are interested. If your creative there might even be an affiliate fee for the restaurant.

One main point here though is you need to price condition your works of art. What is price conditioning? Your works of art need to have a retail price posted. This price needs to be 10 to 20% higher than what you would expect as payment...

Then your new client's expectation needs to be the retail price and when done doing business they get the bill at 20% less...

Bingo you have extremely happy client that thinks you walk on water.

Just my 2 cents...Rick

rr151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 05:23 AM   #30
patriciakramer
VIP Contributor

Hello,

You can do better social media because of this is best for you its published to any where any time

patriciakramer is offline   Reply With Quote