Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th January 2005, 05:17 AM   #1
TheDiva

Default Elevate Your Biz with 'Free Samples' that Cost You Nothing

Elevate Your Biz with 'Free Samples' that Captivate & Cost You Nothing
An elevator pitch is a brief speech that can be delivered in the time that it takes to ride an elevator from the ground floor to the top level. When expertly crafted, an elevator pitch conveys passion, piques interest, and spotlights your services. When poorly crafted it confuses and comes off as too 'salesy'. Think of an elevator pitch like a free sample - helpful information that you offer with no strings attached.

Perfect and Publish Your Elevator Pitch for Free

Ten Tips for Perfecting Your Pitch

Tip#1: Include the Essentials
Your pitch should include your name, title, company, target market, and a “hook”. The hook should be benefit oriented and tell what makes you or your company special. For example “We are images consultants” is a feature oriented statement. “We help women look and feel their best” is a benefits oriented statement.

Keep it Flexible
Many marketing gurus will say to ‘rehearse your elevator pitch’. While it is true that you must be able to deliver your pitch at a moments notice, you must be cautious not to sound canned. Under what conditions, and to what people are you likely to deliver your pitch? Most likely these people have diverse interests and needs. It is important that your pitch accommodate these needs, therefore you must be able to adjust it on the fly.

Project, Enunciate, Exuberate
When introducing yourself you must speak clearly, convey enthusiasm, and demonstrate genuine interest in your prospect. This means that whether you are talking to the janitor or the CEO you must treat that person as the most important person in the world.

Spin your Speech
At every networking meeting there are numerous financial advisors, insurance agents, widget salesmen, and marketing professionals. To stand out from the crowd you must spin your speech. Tell who you are in a clever or creative fashion. For example: Instead of saying “I’m a civil law attorney”, say “I fight for the little guy.” Change “I’m a loan officer” to “I specialize in dead presidents”. A dentist may introduce herself as “I keep people smiling.”

Name Drop
Have a big client, special credentials or won a recent award? Don’t give a laundry list of every aspect of your achievements, but definitely mention one or two highlights.

Listen First
Speak Last People tend to be most interested in people who are interested in them. That is why when meeting others it is best to learn about them and their needs before delivering your elevator pitch. This enables you to demonstrate a genuine interest in the person (and your interest must be genuine). It also allows you to tweak your pitch to meet the unique needs of your immediate prospect.

Sample Elevator Pitches:
- "I'm attention seeker. My name is Monique Danielle. My company, DivaDesignWorld, develops high impact marketing tools the captivate consumer attention and help grow your business."

- “I’m a financial savior. If your company needs capital for expansion and the big guys won’t help, I’m the guy to call. I help cash strapped companies get the money they need, when they need it. From computers hardware to manufacturing equipment I can help.

- I’m an evangelist for better business, a stronger community, and increased employment. I help hundreds of businesses each year to increase their profits, connect with the community and achieve over all growth through participation in the Chamber of Commerce. Are you interested in growing your business?

TheDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 12th March 2005, 02:51 PM   #2
fast-pack.com

Send a message via AIM to fast-pack.com Send a message via Yahoo to fast-pack.com

GREAT POST! I am printing it now and going to brainstorm on my "elavator pitch"!

fast-pack.com is offline   Reply With Quote