Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Affiliate Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th March 2011, 06:43 PM   #1
Melva

Default Amazon's Affiliate Program

Is Amazon's Affiliate program still worth the trouble. Is anyone on the forum making any money with it.

Old 9th March 2011, 08:17 PM   #2
smallbizmike

I make about $100 dollars a month on the side with it. I don't really try for Amazon, most of my sites are Adsense related.

Is it worth it? I don't think I would use Amazon only. There are too many other affiliates that pay a lot more money and the cookies stay much longer.

But, I have been surprised before at what people buy that isn't related to what I promoted. So I think it is like anything else - if you like the idea of making money on Amazon and stick to it, you can do it.

But beware, Amazon has discontinued affiliates in some states due to tax laws. You can get around this by registering a business in another state, but there is that to think about.

smallbizmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 08:15 PM   #3
Melva

Thank you for your reply.

Old 4th May 2011, 02:22 PM   #4
Tripbuilder

I think affiliate marketing is one best way to make online money in less time duration.

Tripbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 02:45 PM   #5
CSandra

What I like about Amazon -- it's that at least you can trust them. It's not some one-day enterprise offering high commissions and giving you nothing in the end.

Last edited by CSandra; 21st May 2011 at 10:51 PM.
CSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 02:08 PM   #6
3Aces

Send a message via Skype™ to 3Aces

The deal with Amazon is that most buyers trust it instantly, so I think that way you have a higher possibility of making sales.. but honestly Amazon widgets and banners suck and also their load time is way higher.

Old 26th November 2011, 11:09 AM   #7
amshopping

I think affiliate programs are just for the part time job only.In China,if a good free mv site only can bring you about 10K visitors one day,you can earn about 800USD one month.

Old 16th January 2012, 07:49 PM   #8
WebEminence

I would use it but Amazon Affiliate is not available in Illinois anymore. Pretty strange... Is it not available in any other states?

Old 16th January 2012, 09:21 PM   #9
Spider
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebEminence View Post
I would use it but Amazon Affiliate is not available in Illinois anymore. Pretty strange... Is it not available in any other states?
Several states starting charging sales tax on internet orders made from their state, even though Amazon had no presence there. Either Amazon lost - or did not fight - a court case, but withdrew their affiliate program from the states that wanted to charge them sales tax, saying that it would have been administratively impossible to confrm to 50 different sales tax regimes. Illinois seems to be one of the states that imposed sales tax on Amazon.

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 10:48 AM   #10
daveb1
VIP Contributor

One of the best features of Amazon's Affiliate program is that the buyers do not actually have to purchase the product you are promoting. As long as they use your link it does not matter what they buy you still get credit. One way I have seen people really successful with Amazon is finding a great niche and then building a really nice website around that idea.

One question I have for the Amazon pro's. Is there way to get an Affiliate account for Amazon UK if you are in the States and vice versa?

daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote