Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th June 2008, 01:49 PM   #1
GioPerez

Default How To Promote My Business

Hi, I'm new here and I have just started my own accounting firm. I have my website ready but I don't know how to promote it. My idea is to run the business from home. Any advice you could give me would be highly appreciated!
Gio

GioPerez is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th June 2008, 11:15 PM   #2
corte1

The best way to "promote" your website is to ensure that it is optimized for free traffic from the major search engines. You'll find plenty of advice on these forums on how to do that. But if I were to limit myself to the top three things you can do to build free traffic, they would be the following:

1. Ensure that your website has a basic structure and internal linking system that is friendly for the search engine spiders to crawl and index. I prefer a 3-tier design for this step. You have only one Tier 1 page which is your home page, 6-12 Tier two pages which are the landing pages from your nav bar links from your home page (and each Tier 2 page links back to the homepage), and many Tier 3 pages which are links for further info from your Tier 2 pages.

2. Ensure that you nail your on-page criteria for the search engines. This means proper META tags, headline tags, keyword focus and density, etc.

3. Work to build one-way incoming links to your site. This will happen naturally (although it will take a while) if you have Step 2 taken care of and provided your pages provide real value to your target audience. However, you should be proactive with this and submit your site to relevant directories (the key word here is "relevant") as well as submitting articles to article sites focused on your target market. However, don't spend enormous amounts of time with this step. If you're in an early stage in your website, you're better off focusing your time on building more quality content pages focused on your main target markets.

Google has over 200 criteria they use to rank your website but if you really work to do a good job with the above three, you'll gain a lot of traction.

Also, you'll learn a lot from reading the posts on good small business forums such as this one.

Good luck with your business!

corte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 07:04 PM   #3
WebBizIdeas.com

Send a message via MSN to WebBizIdeas.com Send a message via Skype™ to WebBizIdeas.com
Default Try Google Local

Hi,

I also agree that you should start planning for Search Engine Optimization. I suggest if you are a new accounting firm you start start Google Local.

What is Google Local?

Type into Google, "accounting Minneapolis MN" Do you notice the Google map and then top 10 results to the right of the map? This is google local.

Google Local is free and you can sign up here:

http://www.google.com/local/add/

You can become #1 for a keyword with Google Local in 2-3 weeks. They key is to write good ads, select good categories, and make sure your business is actually located in the region you are targeting.

If you need help post a response and I will help you.

Jeff

Old 18th July 2008, 04:34 AM   #4
tech_guy

Hi GioPerez,
You can do the followings for your website....
1. Forum/Blog post
2. Directory Submission
3. Article Submission
4. Press Release Submission
Above all work very well and I hope you will definitely get good traffic after the completion these works.

Good Luck!

tech_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 02:57 AM   #5
bizguru

You guys are so helpful

bizguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2008, 02:02 AM   #6
mrdinar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
Hi GioPerez,
You can do the followings for your website....
1. Forum/Blog post
2. Directory Submission
3. Article Submission
4. Press Release Submission
Above all work very well and I hope you will definitely get good traffic after the completion these works.

Good Luck!
yeah i do agree with above mentioned
And you Also Need to create some video's Of your side And promote them on metacafe and you tube i think it will help you a lot ...

mrdinar is offline   Reply With Quote