Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th June 2015, 07:46 AM   #21
MahaKarthi

It is important to pursue one's dreams. It is also important to be prudent and see if your dream has the potential to work in the setup you are in. Companies that rule the market today (say like Piterion or Sony or Facebook) were started because of someone's dream but they clicked as they were unique, had a lot of hard work put in and have managed to surge past their hurdles.

MahaKarthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th June 2015, 12:16 PM   #22
travis_sea

I'm starting something geared towards tourism but for small cottage towns in Sweden. It's going to be a seasonal business, but very feasible. Although the base of my operations will be in the big city (Stockholm), I will be introducing bus travels from town or village to another. I will pre-select some tourist spots for my guests and tour them around Sweden on a brännöbuss type of vehicle. I am planning to make the final leg of the tour a seal safari (but no hunting). Seal watching has become quite a tourist attraction here, especially during seal mating season.

travis_sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 11:26 PM   #23
salvatore12

I suggest you go with daycare business. That would be ideal for small towns.

salvatore12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2017, 12:04 PM   #24
rwaustin

I found that I was able to connect in a small town and do all sorts of innovative things. Now I'm in a huge city town and I cannot get my foot in the door. In fact I cannot seem to find any doors to put said foot in.

Bob

rwaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 08:27 AM   #25
Dog

I think there are two questions to ask when considering what business to set up in a small town.

Firstly - What am I good at ?

It would be pointless starting a hairdressing business if you dont know the first thing about it.

Secondly - What does this town need.

It would be pointless starting a dentisty if the are already 10 in the town.

Consider these two questions and you will come up with the answer.

Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 06:11 AM   #26
mandylopez

Practical steps you can take:

Find an "itch" in the market that needs "scratching". This is the key success factor and it will determine the probability of achieving success. If you can identify a need and solve it, well, then you are in business.
Create (or clone) a simple yet effective solution for this "itch".
Market your solution. The better your solution scratches an "itch", the easier marketing should become.
This business will require some effort up-front, but after selling your first solution you'll start earning recurring income - without much additional effort.

Plus, you can stay in a small town with all the benefits of a close-knit community without being restricted to their spending potential.If you need any type of service you may check this staff-india dot com.

mandylopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 04:28 AM   #27
grimdispatcher

There are various small business to run in a small town. Just consider the needs of the people in a particular place and you can start from there. Usually, food is a necessity so probably you can have a small restaurant or a food stall. It could be something that you are interested also.

grimdispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 03:49 AM   #28
YourRetailCoach

Problem with small town business is the small local market. Starting a business in small towns and focusing the mass market is a financially profitable investment opportunity. If you are from a small town and looking to start a business ideas for small and rural areas then these markets are emerging markets. You can do small businesses such as candle making, leather belt making, bags, online stores, bolt making, online t-shirt store etc.

YourRetailCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 04:51 PM   #29
DizzS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderherbt View Post
Hey please help me guys I dont have any idea, the budget of the business should be within 2 lacs. In our town so many small businesses are there like internet cafe, stationary, Book shops etc. Other than these does anyone have other good idea that can be turned into a small business with good revenue?
Agree with the most. It all depends on you but let me ask you one quesiton: have you ever wanted to start up an online business though? Or you just stick to a classic offline business model?

Many thanks

DizzS is offline   Reply With Quote