Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > New Member Introductions
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th July 2014, 02:57 PM   #1
erikabmr

Default Glad I Found You!

Hi,
my name is Erika and I started a new company about 4 months ago.

I work in both Education and Technology. Love travelling and are trying desperately to keep the number of countries I visited and my age the same.

Glad I found this forum and I look forward to using people here as a sounding board.

erikabmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th July 2014, 06:52 PM   #2
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to MarketingDoctor

Talking

Hi Erika, and welcome to the Forum.

What kind of services do you offer, and to whom? It helps to understand your target audience when offering suggestions.

Enoy your time here.

John

MarketingDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 12:14 AM   #3
alexanderang

Hi Erika,

Welcome to the forum! You will find good resources and support here too!

Old 11th July 2014, 03:08 AM   #4
erikabmr

Default My services

John, to answer your question.

In Education - I work mostly with Higher Education colleges and help them to set up there Quality procedures. Things like how to manage the academic standards, how to make sure they have the right resources etc. I would love to hear from anyone else in Education on here.

In Technogoly - I concentrate on helping small businesses making decision regarding websites, applications and marketing. I find that there is a lot of people out there that are buying services when they do not really understand the concept, things like SEO and Social Media Marketing. I aim to explain it to them in simple terms and help them buy / develop "fit for purpose" solutions.

Any advice, ideas and suggestions are always welcome!

erikabmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 06:51 AM   #5
careshop

Default Hi

Hi Erika, and welcome to the small business brief Forum.

careshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 06:16 PM   #6
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to MarketingDoctor

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikabmr View Post
John, to answer your question.

In Education - I work mostly with Higher Education colleges and help them to set up there Quality procedures. Things like how to manage the academic standards, how to make sure they have the right resources etc. I would love to hear from anyone else in Education on here.

In Technogoly - I concentrate on helping small businesses making decision regarding websites, applications and marketing. I find that there is a lot of people out there that are buying services when they do not really understand the concept, things like SEO and Social Media Marketing. I aim to explain it to them in simple terms and help them buy / develop "fit for purpose" solutions.

Any advice, ideas and suggestions are always welcome!
Thanks, Erika.

I spent around 30 years as an academic, on and off (I eventually opted for sessional lecturing) teaching marketing, advertising, graphic design and psychology and I've worked with small business owners since 1971, so I can relate pretty well to what you're doing.

At the moment I'm in the home straight of a much-delayed race to launch an integrated, online SoMoLo marketing system for independent businesses around Australia. It's a SaaS project I've been working on for 3 years now and it goes into pre-launch next week. You can catch a sneak peek here…

http://youtu.be/EoYBbmElA4o

John

MarketingDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote