Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th March 2009, 11:34 AM   #31
Jynell

Great Top 10 suggestions as to SEO. These are quite helpful. There are a lot of SEO mistakes.

Jynell is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th March 2009, 11:15 AM   #32
Old Welsh Guy

A real good thread, shame the OP half inched the list , but we forgive them because of the help it has given.

the BIGGESt mistake I would say is targeting the wrong keywords!

Old 16th March 2009, 11:54 PM   #33
BacklinkGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2william View Post
That is exactly what I want to avoid! In fact, I donít have any experience in here but I know there are many advantages that I want to take. Iím not that used on these issues and that is why Iíd like to know if there are some help getting my business in here, advices appreciated
Hey if you need any help feel free to pm me.

But that is a good list to go by. Maybe i will make a top 10 list of things to do

BacklinkGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 10:54 AM   #34
userinsight

You may also add that directory submission nowadays are a big mistake, a lot of people are wasting money on paid directories, but the fact that it is devalued this days, directory submissions has less traffic or even no traffic at all because people don't usually go to directories, they just mainly search on SE, also most directories has low page ranking also no substance, meaning there maybe a lot of category pages but a very few listings included in them.

userinsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 04:56 AM   #35
janicejan

I'm aware of all of that mistakes and also in addition Email spamming is one of SEO mistakes, these methods are annoying for normal people, its better to send emails only if you had interesting post or helpful and informative entries that you want to share with other people. this will enable you to gain trust and loyalty of your visitors.

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 01:36 AM   #36
itzpaul

Send a message via AIM to itzpaul

Great tips thanks! I try not to make these mistakes too.

itzpaul is offline   Reply With Quote