Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Newsletters and Email Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th September 2014, 06:43 PM   #1
Montana24

Default Re-Engagement Ideas

Hey all! So happy to have found this awesome forum! I'm looking forward to sharing my ideas and learning from you!

Anyways- I work for a CRM company and am looking for ways to re-engage the customers that have not been on, utliiing the services. These are paying customers, so we want to get them back IN, using the services.

I found some ideas for re-engagement emails, but am I'm seeing a lot of 'shopping' type email campaigns where they offer a discount on sales or something. I am more looking for a way to get them back on the website. Discounts will work too, just wondering of other ways or incentives to get them back. If they aren't using the service, it's likely they'll cancel, which obviously we don't want.

Thanks for the input!

Montana24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th September 2014, 01:58 PM   #2
JLeesCastro

Send a message via Skype™ to JLeesCastro

So sounds like you have existing customers who have signed up for (and are paying for) your software, but not using it as actively as you'd like? Is this a SaaS application (monthly/annual subscription price)?

You're right that for a SaaS application it's really important to keep your users engaged, so they don't unsubscribe. I've been doing software marketing for almost 20 years, so I'll give you a few suggestions. You might also find some helpful ideas at www.software-marketing-advisor.com

First, you really should have a regular (weekly) newsletter for existing customers. Provide them with tips about using your software, helpful ways to manage CRM, etc. Some of the info can relate directly to your software, and some more general tips, but the important thing is to have a call-to-action in every newsletter that brings them back to doing something in your application. Each newsletter could cover tips around a specific topic.

You can also set up action-driven automated emails. So, for example, if someone hasn't logged in to use the software in a specified amount of time, you can send them an email with some extra tips and suggestions ("did you know how easy it is to do XYZ in our software?", "how long has it been since you reached out to your prospect pipeline?" etc)

Hope that helps... send me a private message if you'd like to chat further.

Joanna

JLeesCastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2014, 05:03 PM   #3
LTPJake

Default Idea

Hey there,

One idea is to offer some kind of free training or consultation videos that might address why they aren't using it anymore.

For instance, if you know that most people who stop using it regularly do so because they think it takes to long to do X in your system...

Put together a video and email them "Video: Create a Professional X in 5 minutes, flat."

I hope that helps!

LTPJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 10:40 AM   #4
kdaniel171
VIP Contributor

Weekly newsletter is a great idea. Also focus on getting feedback from your subscribers - you can ask them to answer several simple questions about their experience with you product/service. This way you will make a step towards building relationships with your customers as well as improving your service.

Old 23rd March 2015, 09:28 AM   #5
Phil Stone

FreshMail has a great cyclical autoresponder for this - you just set up a series of messages, set the time between them and you're done. I used them to make a five part training session for API implementation

Phil Stone is offline   Reply With Quote