Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th August 2013, 07:53 AM   #1
eveleen

Default How Can I Get More Orders?

hi
I draw portraits from photographs, you can see them here: giftportrait.blogspot.com
I have a problem with the ad, I know that people procure them for gifts mostly for boyfriend or girlfriend.
how can I get more orders?
I do not have money for advertising
I have a 2 year-old son, so I do not want to go to work.
any ideas?
please help

eveleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 30th August 2013, 07:02 AM   #2
LGCG

Hi Eveleen. I'm curious, how do you get your orders now? Is it mostly referrals?

Old 2nd September 2013, 10:12 PM   #3
steveblake

I believe one of the effective ways to market your service is through WORD of MOUTH. You don't even need to pay for it. One more thing is through networking, where you can ask your friends, families, and colleagues if they will give a present to someone special you can suggest to make it a portrait and you can make one for them for an affordable price.

steveblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 12:56 AM   #4
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

If you have a social media account, you can use that to advertise yourself for free. Put your skills and experience and then connect with groups or individuals in the social media.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 02:46 PM   #5
LGCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveblake View Post
I believe one of the effective ways to market your service is through WORD of MOUTH. You don't even need to pay for it.
Also, when you have a satisfied client, be sure to ask them for referrals. Whether you send them a regular email, give them a call, or ask them to write a review of you on Yelp, you really should be working those people who have purchased your services.

Old 10th September 2013, 02:45 AM   #6
Jessicacis

You can do social media marketing like you can make facebook page and market on the groups where people are talking about this. You can also improve your landing page so that people visit your blog more deeper instead of exit from the same page only.

Jessicacis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 05:20 AM   #7
Murray Cowell

Have a go at social media, no investment and a good image, depending on how you'll promote yourself.

Best of luck!

Murray Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 07:15 AM   #8
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Cowell View Post
Have a go at social media, no investment and a good image, depending on how you'll promote yourself.

Best of luck!
Yeah, odds are you're already on social media as it is and probably have a few hundred friends. It's probably worth it for you to use social media.

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 11:17 AM   #9
DeniseTaylor
VIP Contributor

Have you tried posting an ad on Craigslist? They have a services area, you can probably place an ad there.

Also, what about a local ad on Google. You can apply with Google Places so when local people search for portraits, you will pop up.

How about joining some local groups and passing out your business card?

Those are just a couple of quick, easy suggestions you could try. Just remember, it takes time to get a stream of business going, but you have to work it.

Good luck!

DeniseTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 02:31 PM   #10
trogers

You should better make use of social media marketing. You can join facebook groups and pages and your business along with your website. But be selective in joining a group or a page so you can attract the people that have interest in your business.

trogers is offline   Reply With Quote