Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Selling Ad Space
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th June 2006, 12:56 PM   #1
steirve

Default Selling "non sponsored" ads

Hello, I am new to the forum and love what I have been reading in the past couple of weeks.

I was hoping to get some advice on an ad sales campaign our company is working on. I have 2 general questions and would love to hear your feedback.

Ok here is my deal, i recently accepted a marketing director position with an online travel agency that has been in business for 20 yrs. and online for 10.

The site covers 3 major vacation destinations, receives over 225k unique visitors a month and does an average of 100 million in booking requests a year. 92% of our visitors reach our site through detailed organic searches.

Currently the company only sells travel to 3 european countries (7% of site)while the rest of the site continues to recieve qualified traffic visa vi our high organic search listings.

After 6 months of a successfull adsense campaign (on the pages we do not sell travel on), we are interested in selling adspace to travel companies looking to recieve qualified traffic from our site.

Here are the questions:

A. Is it ok to sell an ad that does not have the disclaimer of "sponsored ad"?
(In our case, the text link would be in the middle of a hotel page and would look like a standard "rates and reservation link" BUT it would send the visitor to the advertiser's corresponding reservation page......)

B. We are small company but I truly believe our visitors are extremely qualified and thereby valuable. What do I need to do to get the Big Boys in the industry to at least hear my pitch?

Thanks for the feedback and advice!

Steve

steirve is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th June 2006, 02:27 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

A. You can label your ads anything you want. Limitations are only placed on what you can label Adsense ads. You are all okay with what you would like to do

B. Not sure, but i'm guessing you'll know when you get there because they'll be knocking on your door. Hopefully others can give you some specific feedback.

Old 22nd June 2006, 08:54 PM   #3
GCSdesigns

Send a message via MSN to GCSdesigns

B. The "Big boys" in the industry usualy care only about 2 things when they are looking for websites to through money at for advertising. They want to know how many unique hits you get each day, and wht your rankings are in the major search engines(Google and Yahoo).

The key is to be able to prove to them that a lot of diffrent people are visiting your site every day. So their ads will be clicked on and they will make money. Make sure you are logging your hit stats, you will need to show them a history of your websites traffic. Typicly 1 or 2 months back will be fine.

GCSdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 02:59 PM   #4
LBBMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSdesigns View Post
Make sure you are logging your hit stats, you will need to show them a history of your websites traffic. Typicly 1 or 2 months back will be fine.
good advice. also, be sure your stats are being recorded properly, and that you are recording the stats you need. talk to your system admin about it.

LBBMike is offline   Reply With Quote