Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th September 2011, 03:09 PM   #21
EricB
VIP Contributor

I've used just Notepad and coded HTML, CSS, and javascript files. I eventually just uploaded those notepad files onto my website. I'd like to try out some of the other software people are listing though.

EricB is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th September 2011, 03:24 PM   #22
CodyLoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
I've used just Notepad and coded HTML, CSS, and javascript files. I eventually just uploaded those notepad files onto my website. I'd like to try out some of the other software people are listing though.
Again I vouch for Joomla

CodyLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 08:47 AM   #23
mwashington

Send a message via Skype™ to mwashington
Smile I use Edit Plus

I totally use Edit Plus now. The reason is the code is very clean and when I post to blogs they come out very clean and the way I want them. I have tried many pieces of software but after 12 plus years of marketing it is just for me. I know that other marketers use other software for developing their sites but I am only focused most of the time with presenting content only and so I try to stay away from images and such and just give content only. I hope you trust me and verify what I am saying because there are so many individuals that can mislead you. Look for the facts and verify them and it will keep you from floundering all over the internet and save you lots of trouble.

mwashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 10:45 AM   #24
dgeneschi

For my web applications: Ruby on Rails + MySQL hosted on Ubuntu linux (Amazon AWS). I do local coding on a Mac. Used to use the Django web framework (with the same database management system and environment). For blogs: WordPress. I do most of my code editing in Sublime Text 2 (transitioned from TextMate several months ago). When I need a step-through debugger, I use the debugger in JetBrains' RubyMine IDE (for general code editing tasks, though, that IDE is too big and slow to get around, which is why I use Sublime). If you haven't discerned as much: I really believe a quick and easily navigable code editor is essential. I also think that strong debuggability is critical in whatever tool you're using to build a web app, which is why I haven't used PHP to build a proper web app in years (minus PHP-powered CMSes like WordPress).

dgeneschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 03:44 AM   #25
cuties090

It depends on what is your target and your audiences.You should adapt to that according to their need.Here is website you may find a lot of freelance web designers helping you with that. http://www.witmart.com/web-design

cuties090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 08:33 AM   #26
abcpune

It completely depends upon you. Because the software in which you are more comfortable and know well you should use that for your website. But i know Dreamviewer.

Jyoti
ABCPune

abcpune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 04:12 AM   #27
jamest1

I guess it all depends on your skill level. For example if you are just starting out and only need to create a static site, you can get by with using Notepad.

If you will be designing websites a lot then I guess you could use productivity improvements with commercial software like dreamweaver, ultraedit ,etc

As for myself, I use visual studio since I need to code fairly large sites with a lot of moving parts.

Anyway I hope that helps.

-James

jamest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 02:45 AM   #28
sb1 design

Send a message via Skype™ to sb1 design

For anybody wanting to develop a website, I would recommend Wordpress completely. If you're just starting out you can begin with just installing Wordpress, upload a theme and then play with the CMS to add your content and create your website.

Wordpress is also very versatile, there are thousands of themes available and with a little CSS and PHP knowledge you can customise these themes with great results. There are also countless plugins that can be added to your site to cover any functionality you might need.

sb1 design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 08:39 AM   #29
Jennifer12345

hello..
I use Adobe Dreamweaver bcoz it allows you to integrate flash right into your html with the ease of a push button interface, build a massive website, and develop custom flash interfaces.

Jennifer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 05:08 AM   #30
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Wink Good coding software

Only you can answer that best.What exactly is the website all about?And what skills are you good at?That's a good starting point.You could use Notepad in Windows environment,Wordpress (no coding skills required,except in changing a few basic things),Dreamweaver or PHP.Sorry,it's not a software.Try also Aptana studio,jEdit or Slick edit.