Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > Success Stories and Profiles
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How successful at business have you been?
I've never made a dime in any sort of independent business venture 9 10.23%
I've made money, but not enough to cover costs 6 6.82%
I've made enough to cover costs, but not enough to live on exclusively 28 31.82%
I've made a living off of business profits 22 25.00%
I've made above & beyond what I'd ever be able to earn as an employee 20 22.73%
Other (specify) 3 3.41%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th August 2008, 01:50 AM   #11
vishuidu

Dear fnds,
Here Vishu,I have completed post graduation in Biotech fields & right now working in Pharma company.i am deeply intrested to do bussiness with all over worlds & we are able to provide different Pure herbal Extract,Antique item like Leather purse ,Belt etc.
If you have any idea about bussiness & any one intrested to do bussiness with us. then please contact us.
you can also contact me one another id
[email protected]
Kindest regards
Vishu

vishuidu is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th August 2008, 02:45 AM   #12
sreeja

I am a new comer in the business field.I don't get much profit.But i made a living off of business profits.What about you all?

sreeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 02:36 PM   #13
youbetcha1018

Running a business is really not easy. It requires time, money and patience. I can say that I am doing fairly good at it.

youbetcha1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 04:13 PM   #14
mlmblonde

Send a message via AIM to mlmblonde Send a message via MSN to mlmblonde Send a message via Yahoo to mlmblonde Send a message via Skype™ to mlmblonde
Default Full time

I make a solid full time income that greatly exceeds what I used to make when I was in the corporate world. My prior experience was in accounting. I worked for a defense contractor and also the last company was a corregated plant.

I now work full time from home for myself. I have to say, I like the freedom and ability to pick my own hours. I would have a hard time returning to the world as an "employee".

mlmblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 02:11 PM   #15
CashCraters.Com

I've been doing fairly well, getting out of debt with the earnings I receive. My username is my website that explains what I do and shows proof of payment.

CashCraters.Com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:02 PM   #16
Flawless Detail

I do ok. It pays for itself and leaves me enough to live on. Hopefully one of these years it will get me to the six figure take home.

Flawless Detail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 08:07 AM   #17
janicepink

With all honesty, I don't set such high expectations for myself to avoid unnecessary disappointments. I can't say that I'm totally successful now, nor a failure either. All I can say is that I'm contented and happy with the way my business is going. Let's all have a great money making year this 2009! Cheers!

janicepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 08:32 AM   #18
bkamanski

Default Job What Job! I Can't Work For Other People!

This is what I do. I make a full time income from home and not one of my businesses cost over $25! I love the freedom. Can't stand lazy excuse makers. Here's how I did it. In February of 2008 my manager at Sears came by and made one of her usual condescending remarks and tried walking away without feedback. I caught up to her and said, "In less than six months I will be leaving Sears and NEVER will I look back"! Her reply, "Yeah right, keep dreaming Brad". On February 25th I shot my first YouTube video. I shot two to three videos a day while I was working and in four months I was able to quietly walk in, clock in, say goodbye to the nice people (none of them were managers) clock out and I have NEVER looked back! My best day so far is $1800. I am currently building a retirement style residual income from a $10 program...

Brad Kamanski

bkamanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 06:39 PM   #19
phanio
VIP Contributor

Have been doing very well - but am always trying to improve - there is always room to move up.

Old 1st August 2009, 03:42 AM   #20
DBeavers

Default Successful - very!

I just celebrated 25 years in business in July. And it's been 22 years since I had my last full-time job.

My business is doing quite well currently, in spite of the US economy, and has allowed my wife to be a stay-at-home Mom and stay-at-home Nana for the past 25 years.

I still operate out of a spare bedroom in my home, mostly because I call on my clients at their location. I do some business from home, by phone, fax, and internet, but generate the greatest part of my income from face-to-face sales in the B2B world.

For the past 10 years I have been helping others start their own home-based business, leveraging my knowledge of my industry while benefiting others.

Dennis