Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30th March 2015, 10:36 AM   #1
pukenlee
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 14
Arrow Facebook Comments?

Is Getting facebook comments plugin any way treated differently then getting comments from other way? Is this considered as more engaging by Google? because what FB page has, same is there on web page.
Please explain for best results.

__________________
Nature's Chemo Care sourop and soursop fruit.
pukenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 30th March 2015, 12:46 PM   #2
torka
Moderator
 
torka's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)
Posts: 4,101

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Default

I don't know if there's any way of telling whether Google finds Facebook comments on your blog "more engaging" than non-Facebook comments. Google certainly isn't saying.

If by including Facebook comments, you make it easier for your site visitors to engage with your content, that's a good thing to do regardless of what Google thinks about it.

My advice: stop worrying so much about what Google thinks and focus instead of what your human visitors think. Do they like having FB comments automatically included on your blog, too?

--Torka

__________________
Diane Aull - NineYards.com: Helping Businesses Do Business Online
Whether you think you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.
torka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 08:19 AM   #3
kdaniel171
VIP Contributor
 

Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
My advice: stop worrying so much about what Google thinks and focus instead of what your human visitors think. Do they like having FB comments automatically included on your blog, too?
Agree. I think that difference between FB comments and other comments isn't so significant for Google. So focus on your audience instead.

__________________
Pimion essay writers

Last edited by kdaniel171; 7th April 2015 at 08:29 AM.
kdaniel171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2015, 06:42 AM   #4
RosieGlover
VIP Contributor
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukenlee View Post
Is Getting facebook comments plugin any way treated differently then getting comments from other way? Is this considered as more engaging by Google? because what FB page has, same is there on web page.
Please explain for best results.
This question was indeed tricky but I found a satisfying answer. Here is a snippet - “The problem is the way the Facebook Comments plugin is coded. To serve up comments, the plugin creates an iframe at the bottom of your post. This frame is then populated with content from Facebook, ranked according to the set sort order and styled according to parameters the webmaster set. The box looks like the site it’s integrated with, and to the average user, it’s just a normal comments box.

The key is the iframe. From the perspective of a search engine, that iframe is completely invisible. As far as Google knows, there is no comments section on that blog post. Used site-wide, Facebook Comments are invisible to search engines.”

Check the entire post at http://boostlikes.com/blog/2014/05/f...plugin-bad-seo

RosieGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2015, 03:00 AM   #5
pukenlee
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieGlover View Post
This question was indeed tricky but I found a satisfying answer. Here is a snippet - “The problem is the way the Facebook Comments plugin is coded. To serve up comments, the plugin creates an iframe at the bottom of your post. This frame is then populated with content from Facebook, ranked according to the set sort order and styled according to parameters the webmaster set. The box looks like the site it’s integrated with, and to the average user, it’s just a normal comments box.

The key is the iframe. From the perspective of a search engine, that iframe is completely invisible. As far as Google knows, there is no comments section on that blog post. Used site-wide, Facebook Comments are invisible to search engines.”

Check the entire post at http://boostlikes.com/blog/2014/05/f...plugin-bad-seo
what you say was true, now codes for FB Comments are shown in Google's cached copy. please check. text of comments are on Google cached copy available on Google's indexed page

__________________
Nature's Chemo Care sourop and soursop fruit.
pukenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   

Bookmarks


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using Twitter And Facebook Together To Drive Sales 4ndr3w Social Media 24 17th April 2015 10:38 AM
Facebook Fan Page Nutty Social Media 14 2nd March 2015 05:24 AM
Why Is A Facebook Button So Important? hulian Social Media 4 18th August 2014 05:44 AM
How To Use A Facebook Fan Group To Market Your Business MySmallBiz General Online Marketing Information 10 12th August 2014 07:48 PM
How Do I Find Blogs With Facebook Comments? Zliverus Social Media 3 9th October 2013 10:21 PM



Thread Tools

Get Updates
RSS Feeds:
RSS Feed for Social Media RSS for this Category Only: Social Media

RSS Feed for Small Business Ideas Forum RSS for Entire Forum
Forum Rules


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Small Business Ideas Forum


 
At Your Business - Small Business Directory
Free Business Forms - Prewritten Documents
 
Search Engine Guide
Small business guide to search marketing

 
Small Business Brief
Fetching the Best Small Business Info


Free Links - Free Advertising
Free Guide - Online Directory



Advertise your business here
Contact us for more details!


Semantic Juice
Register now to access free Quick SEO service!


Rocket Lawyer
Sign up for free 7 day trial. Boost your biz!


Buy UPC Codes
Get your products listed online!




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018 - Privacy