Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd February 2012, 01:12 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default How Can Small Business Owners Overcome Social Media Fears?

Depending on whom you ask social media phenomenon of the last few years has either been a great boon to small business owners or a complete nightmare. No matter which side of the fence you are on, one thing is certain – small business owners can no longer ignore social media these days. Number of savvy owners has been using social media in innovative ways to improve different aspects of their business leading to higher sales and improved profit. Despite this fact, there are some who are fearful of delving into social media due to lack of knowledge or for fear of getting into quagmire.

The 3-step approach we have described below can navigate you through the challenging road to conquer the social media battle. We do not promise that you will become next Mark Zuckerberg with this approach, but we do believe that you will be able to overcome your social media fears and use it to the benefit of your business.

Read more - http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...step-approach/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th October 2012, 11:40 AM   #2
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

Social media has become an incredible part of website promotion. There are a lot of ways to drive traffic to site. Social media sites is one of them . They are huge source of unique and targeted traffic.Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are the best sites to get traffic and promote products.

Old 24th October 2012, 03:08 PM   #3
viper_one
VIP Contributor

Social media is a drag on time resources if you don't get the following you need (or deserve!). It's back to the old question — are you working on your business, or are you working in it?

If I have everything nailed down and managing my operations is simple, then I have the time to play around with a new media. Otherwise, I might have some doubts about commiting myself to it.

Good article, thanks for posting that (explore, establish, and engage).

Old 11th December 2012, 01:46 AM   #4
accurate.cygnet

Social Media is now an inseparable part of internet marketing. It is a great marketing tool. Still Small businesses can not take full advantage of it. They are struggling with it. I agree with Viper One. It takes time and efforts. And making a big network for small businesses is time consuming on social media.

accurate.cygnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 01:47 AM   #5
accurate.cygnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackD View Post
I completely second the motion; Social Media can be the best way to gain traffic. As I normally say trends are changing if you can capture your target market online you can definitely overcome your competitors in profits!
Yeah...Definitely, Small businesses need to have some research work done before getting into it. It takes time but does pay off as well. Create a page, join relevant groups. It is said about IM is that GO where your market is. so find and focus on your potential customers. Now as you said the trend is changing, small businesses are coming in to promote their products online and it is worth doing!!!

Old 25th January 2013, 07:44 AM   #6
pitterz

Where a lot of businesses seem to fail with social media is they are always looking for an ROI and conversions.

People on social media sites are being interrupted by you - as in they are looking "at" something as oppose to looking "for" something like with search and do NOT like to be "sold" to.

Social media is great for building a large audience and if done right can really build a huge following for your business. Some of these will turn into customers, others will share and link to your content which will increase your SEO, strengthen your brand and further grow your audience which will further increase the above and so on and so forth.

Think the biggest thing in terms of "fear" like this post started to address is lack of education. If business owners took the time to get properly educated in social media (which shouldn't take long or cost any significant amount of money) then maybe it wouldn't be the big scary world that lacks ROI that some believe it is.

Just my thoughts
Scott

pitterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 05:40 AM   #7
Beth Worthy

As per my personal view, social media plays an active role but there are few people who suffer from the fear of social media. Being active in social media requires self-confidence.Social media can be daunting to business owners for many reasons. Either they don't know from where to begin.
So,it is important for them to have a clear vision of what they want to accomplish, inspite of getting fear of what people might say, it is important to define the brand or let them define it for your.

Beth Worthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 12:56 AM   #8
accurate.cygnet

I think the fear they might have is of negative marketing, not getting many followers. But let me tell all of them that it takes a bit of time to achieve what you want through SMO.

Old 9th February 2013, 07:01 PM   #9
Toshiba

Smile Overcoming The Fear!

Anytime you are a NEWBIE @ something then you're always taking a risk, and trying something new it can be intimidating! The thing about it is you have to take the time to learn it and this may require you to take some training courses.

Once you learn the NEW Skill then create a vision of what you want to accomplish & what it takes to get there, then start implementing that plan on a daily basis.

If you don't have a plan in place then you're planning to fail.

There's no patience & the expectations are unreal this is one of the biggest problems with becoming a successful Social Media Marketer!

Toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 08:27 AM   #10
tipstat

Send a message via Skype™ to tipstat

Social media is good, but as your friends represent a part of you. If before starting your business you were not the entrepreneur type then i recommend you to go through some company who deals with social media marketing like tipstat.com for instance or any other firm. Because there are plenty of things about facebook normal people are not aware of. And the people who do plenty of research in this field can help for a reasonable price ofcourse. There are freelancers too who work on an hourly basis for doing smm, sem, seo etc.

tipstat is offline   Reply With Quote