Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th March 2015, 10:03 AM   #31
kdaniel171
VIP Contributor

It's hard to say. I suppose submitting your business to Google Places might help but without Local SEO it's going to be very difficult. Being on the top 5 - 10 social media sites will help as well, but you have to try to get enough people to like your page for it to work.

Old 29th March 2015, 02:51 PM   #32
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to MarketingDoctor

Arrow Google Places and Google+ Local now long goneÖ

Google Places became Google+ Local on May 30, 2012.

On 11 June 2014, Google+ Local became part of a new, integrated platform called Google My Business.

Itís a much better solution all round, with some seriously useful tools, including much better reviews management and analytics, plus the ability to monitor ALL your business citations wherever they appear across the web ó and respond to them directly!

For anyone wanting a useful FREE Guide to making the most of your Google My Business dashboard, this one will be available for download by SBI forum members from 31 March 2015.
http://localsuccessproject.com.au/get?gmb-guide/sbif

Enjoy!

MarketingDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 10:09 PM   #33
Spider
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_GA View Post
Verification is of the utmost importance. If your business is not verified on Google, Bing, etc. you're missing a critical piece of the local search equation. The verification is a very strong "local search signal." Get verified.
What do you mean, 'Get verified?' How? By whom?

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 10:17 PM   #34
Spider
VIP Contributor

What is involved with Local SEO?

I thought when you searched any of the major search engines they identified the location of your computer and sent you local results, anyway. Even if you don't want local (which I find annoying!)

So, what do you have to do with your website to be "Locally SEO'd"? Just add your town in the homepage title?

What else?

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 10:34 PM   #35
Daniel_GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
What is involved with Local SEO?

I thought when you searched any of the major search engines they identified the location of your computer and sent you local results, anyway. Even if you don't want local (which I find annoying!)

So, what do you have to do with your website to be "Locally SEO'd"? Just add your town in the homepage title?

What else?
Just adding the town or city title carries very little weight nowadays in local search results (due to sites abusing city location text spam & the increase of verification being used as a more valid local search signal).

A few months ago on my website I covered Getting Your Local Business or Service Featured Prominently Online in an in-depth article. It's a quick read for the most part or you can skim directly to the verification steps and their respective links.

Hope this helps some. Article Link: https://gawebdev.com/getting-small-b...atured-online/

Daniel_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 04:49 AM   #36
MarshallKing

I guess Daniel is talking about Google local listings. In which you get a code at your business address via mail. And then you will have to verify your identity using that code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post

MarshallKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 07:12 AM   #37
crm

Default yes small business benefit from local seo

If your local seo is powerful, then you get many leads from local business.

crm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 01:19 PM   #38
MarshallKing

How to get leads from local business, and how exactly local SEO can be powerful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm View Post
If your local seo is powerful, then you get many leads from local business.

MarshallKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 03:30 AM   #39
somyasharma

It is, for small business local SEO is more beneficial. It is the most ranking factor to drive more visitors and engage with your target customers.

somyasharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 10:29 PM   #40
Mason Nettles

Lots of good ideas here.

I did my own local SEO this year and just when I got all of my keywords, we moved to another city. Each market is a little different.

I depend heavily on SEO for business because I buy and sell a local product. I am found online buy people searching locally. One person can do the work but it take time.

Last 60 days

1 lead from facebook
87 from website
132 phone calls-some got the number off the website, google listing, youtube, craigslist

Mason Nettles is offline   Reply With Quote