Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th May 2015, 06:07 PM   #1
Guy Braun

Send a message via Yahoo to Guy Braun
Default Looking For Some Ideas

Hi guys and girls,

I was looking at ways to advertise my business a little more so I can spread the word! Any one have any good ideas?

I was also looking to see if my website is looking professional!

Cheer

Guy Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th May 2015, 11:46 PM   #2
Clarity14

Make sure you have a Super-Ordinate Proposition that you can talk about!
It’s a big phrase, but delivers big results if you answer these questions:

1 Is there a fair value exchange? (You need to be reasonably competitive on price for a start)
2 Why should people buy this from you – and not someone else? (Compete on more than just price eg service, locality, specific difference etc)
3 What’s your customer experience ‘wrapper’ like? (Is it easy for people to do business with you)
4 How are you making your offer appealing to customers? (What are your persuasion techniques)
5 Can you create advocacy in certain / every transaction? (What could make customers willing to talk about you and is it easy for them to share their story of you)
6 How are you innovatively different? (What degree of newness / differentiation do you offer to the existing)

I've just published a free ebook that covers generating new ideas in this area of Super-Ordinate propositions. Business Ideas for Business Growth. (Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to it though - so you'll need to search Smashwords for it).
Best
Chris

Clarity14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 11:56 AM   #3
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Guy, you'll have to wait a bit before you're eligible to request a site review. (Pro tip: people who are active on the forums and have built up more of a history before they make their request generally get a better response than those who just to the bare minimum to qualify.)

As to advertising, what sort of business is it? That can make a difference... for instance, a lawn-care provider might get some results by driving around a neighborhood and leaving flyers for homeowners. A CPA might find that tactic less effective.

The trick is:
  • Figure out who your best customers are.
  • Find out where they spend their time and attention.
  • Make sure you're there.

This works online and In Real Life.

Identify the kinds of people who are most likely to be both interested in what you offer and able to take you up on the offer. There may be people who want what you offer, but if they can't afford it, they're not your best customers. There may be people who have plenty of money but aren't interested in what you've got. Also not your best customers.

If you can't find anybody who wants what you offer and has the money to pay for it, you may need to rethink your business model.

Then figure out where they spend their time. Not only where they spend the most time (because likely that's "at home") but where they spend time when they're potentially most receptive to your offer (because, depending on what you're offering "when they're at home" might not be the best time to get in touch -- few people want to get a phone call during supper from somebody marketing business services).

Then, figure out the best way to get in front of them when they're in that receptive frame of mind. Maybe this means you send a sales letter or some creative dimensional mail piece to their place of work. Follow up with a phone call, set an appointment for a personal visit.

Maybe you join the same networking group or the local Chamber of Commerce or Downtown Development group and chat them up at meetings.

Perhaps you sponsor a charity event that normally attracts a lot of the people you want to reach.

If there's an industry newsletter or magazine they typically read, you could take out an ad in that publication.

If there are websites where they spend a lot of time, or where they typically go to search for the kind of thing you offer, advertise there. (Google, Bing, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.) Don't advertise online just because a site "gets a lot of traffic." Facebook gets a lot of traffic, but it's not the best advertising venue for, say an industrial equipment manufacturer. They'd probably do better either on LinkedIn or negotiating some direct advertising with specialty websites that are often visited by the kind of people who buy industrial equipment.

Without knowing more about your business it's difficult to give you specific recommendations, though...

--Torka

Last edited by torka; 7th May 2015 at 11:59 AM. Reason: clarification
torka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 09:58 PM   #4
homie107

can you tell us a little bit more about your business??

Old 8th May 2015, 04:40 PM   #5
matthew86

There are so many ways to advertise your bussiness.
If only we could know more details about it.

matthew86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 10:54 PM   #6
kindsvater

Have your customers spread the word for you by asking for referrals and creating incentives for them to seek referrals.

kindsvater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 01:16 AM   #7
abbytax

Provide some commissions for referring new member. It helps to expand the business in next level.

abbytax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 04:07 AM   #8
erikko

There are so many ways to advertise but the critical part is to create a customer base. That will depend on your referrals when they word mouth about you and your service.

erikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 01:42 AM   #9
edward222

Make a review for your products,
get socialize, do it for at least 6 months,
then passive income will come

edward222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 05:01 AM   #10
vestes

advertisement of a business is more important without it business is nothing....advertisement depends on your budget and the nature of business....some business needs local advertisement some needs international etc.........