Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > Success Stories and Profiles
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th April 2009, 12:59 PM   #1
timandren

Default You Will Rebuild Our Economy

I have written this post especially for you. I want you to know that you are needed.

You are important. Your work is important. Your business is important.

Our economy is struggling right now. Jobs are being lost. People are suffering. The way out of this is through small business. The way out is you. Small business will lead the way for job creation. You and your business will rebuild this economy. One day at a time.

Now don't take these words lightly. You have a responsibility. You have enjoyed all of the good economic times of recent past. You have been given a tremendous amount of freedom and opportunity. Now is time to honor what you've received by assuming a responsibility that is yours. You have a part to play in getting us back on track. We should not be looking to government for job creation. We should not be looking for hand-outs. We will thrive, as we always have, on innovation and hard work. Now is the time for both.

The ripple effect
Part of the reason the economy has slowed down so much is that everybody is spending time and energy talking about how bad it is. People have that kind of power. You have that kind of power. The economy is based on everyday decisions made by people just like you. If you decide to spend money, start a business or even talk about doing so, it creates a psychological ripple effect to those around you. Be a part of effective change. Speak only of growth, opportunity and how we can build together. Even better, put your money where your mouth is and invest in yourself, your business and your local economy.

You are the foundation
Small business is the foundation of our economy. Small business creates jobs. Small business creates local economy. Local economy effects national economy and so on. You and your business are part of our economic engine. Remember, all great the businesses of today had to start somewhere. All the blue chips began on a drawing board, the back of a napkin, in somebody's garage. Some small businesses will turn into the next Dell or American Apparel. Be the foundation of something bigger. We are counting on you.

Take care of the people
Your business thrives on people. People are essential to sales, promotions, success. Take care of your employees, your clients. Give them what they need. They will succeed - you will succeed. Invest your time and money in them and they will pay tremendous dividends to your business, and in turn, the economy at large. Be sure to give back a multiple of what you receive. Be a bigger giver than receiver. Go above and beyond what is required.

I believe in you. I believe you make a difference. I believe in your ability to effect change for our economy by your words and actions. You can start right now by doing what I've for you today by passing along this message of encouragement to others. What does it feel like when someone tells you that they believe in you?

Now go and tell somebody else. Forward this message to your friends and colleagues.

timandren is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th May 2009, 06:53 AM   #2
fionan

Tim

You've summed up the philosophy of what we're trying to do with our website smallbusinesscan.com here in Ireland.

Fionan

fionan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 10:36 PM   #3
HomeComputerGam

You're running for a political office aren't you?

100% agree with you. It is only as bad as we make it.
I think the media is a major contributing factor in our economic situation. They kept claiming doom and gloom for so long that everyone believed and made it happen. Plainly, the media scared the hell out of everyone so people quit spending. This certainly had a ripple effect.

I just wonder what would happen if the media kept saying "things are picking up and looking good" on a daily basis?

"self fulfilling prophecy" is a very real fact.

HomeComputerGam is offline   Reply With Quote