Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th November 2010, 06:46 AM   #1
techmodi

Default What When You Finished With Most Of The Deep Link Directories?

Hello all,

As a part of off page activity I searched deep link directories and submitted the landing pages URLs. Now I am done with maximum of deep link directories submission. Now I am started getting "already exists" for many directories due to the repeated directories. I am back to search for general directories and started submission for index page in regular general directories.
Now what to do? This will surely affects the ranking of the keywords which results were showing respective landing pages in the search.
I am aware of all the effects of those but are there ways to sustain the good ranking despite of few number of deep link directories submission and more general regular directory submission?

Note: I know the directory submission is not whole and sole but the question I raised is in concern with directory submission.

Thanks

techmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 30th November 2010, 07:03 AM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Hi Techmodi, there are many options. Have you researched who links to your competition for other web sites to get links from?

For example, take a competitors site and search yahoo for [linkdomain:www.theirdomainname.com]

Old 1st December 2010, 08:09 AM   #3
techmodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Hi Techmodi, there are many options. Have you researched who links to your competition for other web sites to get links from?

For example, take a competitors site and search yahoo for [linkdomain:www.theirdomainname.com]
Well, I tried the same but in my case the back links to the competitors are from the websites which are either their client or back links gained through link exchange and paid options. I have no option but to go for only free submission and no paid or no link exchange.

No doubt, the few links I got where I can do submission are really quality back links but the process was very time consuming.

Due to previous reason which I mentioned in the first most post, my submission activity has drawn down to least. Thanks for the suggestion.

techmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 06:52 AM   #4
EamonnTurley

Default Dirs

Can someone explain what is a deep link directory, thought a directory was a directory, thanks

EamonnTurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 04:25 PM   #5
JamesHenry

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmodi View Post
Now what to do? This will surely affects the ranking of the keywords which results were showing respective landing pages in the search.
I am aware of all the effects of those but are there ways to sustain the good ranking despite of few number of deep link directories submission and more general regular directory submission?

Thanks
There are a few places I would publish to every 4 to 6 weeks.

Article directories;
Ezinearticles.com
articlebase
goarticles

Socialmarker.com;
lets you do free social bookmarking to your site. (twice a year)

do a search for - free press release service, when your business has something like a new service or employee you do a press release and point links back to your site.

these are some easy ones.

JamesHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Logan
Administrator

Those are good suggestions. Start with articles, do your keyword research and checkout what has and hasn't already been writtn about at each article site

Here's a list of free press release sites.

theopenpress.com
7pressrelease.com
clickpress.com
register.php
freeprpressrelease.com
newswire.com
www.pr.com
pressbox.co.uk
prlog.org
przoom.com

Have you tried Wordtrackers new Link Builder tool? They offer a 7 day free trial to get an idea if it is going to work for you

http://www.wordtracker.com/linkbuilder

Here is a list of daily reading for link building by Deborah
http://searchengineland.com/6-daily-...ing-list-54806

Its good to keep up with new ideas and not get stuck with just one tactic.

Quote:
Can someone explain what is a deep link directory, thought a directory was a directory, thanks
My understanding is a directory that allows urls other than your home page to be submitted. Part of effective seo is to not only getting links to your home page but also directly to internal pages.