Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th November 2010, 07:10 AM   #1
techmodi

Default Why People Preferring Just PPC Campaign Than Whole SEO Services?

Hello all,

My question is why people prefer more PPC campaign than whole seo services?

I get answer to the question only when I come across the PPC advertisement that includes some offer, discount and launch of new product or services for a website under the PPC campaign. But what could be the reason else than this?

Thanks

techmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:14 AM   #2
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

the main reason is that in PPC campaign, you will pay only when your advertisement gets clicked and that means, you are paying only when you are getting targeted visitors. Moreover, you can secure instant ranking by launching a PPC campaign which is almost next to impossible in case of search engine optimization.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:53 PM   #3
RyanTC

Plus, with PPC, you can custom create a traffic plan of targeted keywords. The downside of PPC is that it usually requires a lot of time maintaining the campaigns.

Old 3rd December 2010, 01:27 AM   #4
hally0301

My experience is that business owner's prefer PPC because the results can be generated far more quickly than with SEO to improve organic rankings. In alot of cases it is also easier to measure ROI.
The most obvious downside to PPC I believe is that when you stop paying for your ads your traffic goes to zero.

hally0301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:21 AM   #5
techmodi

Default An Example!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwebguru View Post
the main reason is that in PPC campaign, you will pay only when your advertisement gets clicked and that means, you are paying only when you are getting targeted visitors. Moreover, you can secure instant ranking by launching a PPC campaign which is almost next to impossible in case of search engine optimization.

You mean to say that for direct product advertisement PPC campaign is good. Letís take an example if I have two web pages, one index and one landing. I have some attractive food stuff deal on landing page with limited offer of 40 days. So to promote this deal, is it better to go for PPC campaign for that landing? Hope you got my question.

Waiting for reply!

Thanks!

Old 3rd December 2010, 06:30 AM   #6
techmodi

Default Time Factor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTC View Post
Plus, with PPC, you can custom create a traffic plan of targeted keywords. The downside of PPC is that it usually requires a lot of time maintaining the campaigns.
Time factor again? But the lot of time required for maintaining the campaign must not be as long as required in SEO practice? I am putting this question because I had never gone for PPC campaign.

Old 3rd December 2010, 10:35 AM   #7
bradmarcus

Send a message via Skype™ to bradmarcus

SEO is a long term strategy, PPC is a short term one. SEO is never ending, though if your site is properly prepared, it's less maintenance, while PPC you can get the instantaneous bump, but it's always a matter of constant payment and maintenance.
I use PPC for limited time campaigns and I see great results. My SEO efforts keep me scoring where I want on a consistent basis.

bradmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 02:55 AM   #8
LloydBurrell

Probably because people are interested in immediate earnings and don't see the big picture. However, this question is probably a bit obsolete, as there's a lot of SEO activity out there.

LloydBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 02:12 AM   #9
jamesparker100

because PPC is faster than SEO. PPC give efficient and fastest results than SEO.

Old 5th August 2012, 07:30 AM   #10
romnickhudges

I would still go for SEO services than spending so much in PPC wherein traffic is not guaranteed too. Also, I don't like the fact that after you pay more months campaign and get traffic but suddenly you stop for paying for it you won't get the same amount of traffic that you used to get.

romnickhudges is offline   Reply With Quote