Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th February 2008, 08:14 PM   #1
$$maker

Default How Do You Advertise Your Business?

Im trying to get ideas on ways to advertise. Just want to know how you guys advertise.

$$maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th February 2008, 05:58 AM   #2
JackieHFS

Default Advertising

Hi.
We advertise by direct mailings and radio. Since our radio stations give us radio ad time, that is easy for us to do. We use some of the ad time to promote our business and then we try to sell ads to other companies looking to promote their business.

We are also attending a trade show in Boston next month to get our name out there more.

It often depends on the type of business you have too. See what works the best. Seems like many on here use the internet.

Jackie

JackieHFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 06:09 AM   #3
mktgbiz

I use custom printed promotional items and links to my web sites primarliy.

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 02:08 PM   #4
Logan
Administrator

primarily search engines but all others also may apply. some of it is just good old networking and word of mouth. other times i have had success with yellow pages. The key to me is are people actively seeking out the advertisement as is the case with search and yp.

Old 14th February 2008, 08:27 PM   #5
Amir W.
VIP Contributor

Telemarketing, trade-shows, small ads in trade magazines, e-mail marketing, personal networking...the list goes on and on. Gotta hit 'em from every angle and multiple media. But of course it varies depending on the industry you are in.

Amir W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2008, 06:46 AM   #6
Crimson Fox

Mainly search engines for me. The rest of the time I spend on increasing my marketing with my existing clients. Referrals are my best form of new cliental.

Crimson Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 06:48 PM   #7
Biz Builder

Default How do I advertise

I do a newsletter (I have a couple actually). I just formed a Marketing Circle, we have created some synergy which will help all of us to market our joint venture as well as everyone's services in the group.

I also use a couple of on-line referral links. Affiliates are great too - please do your research as you will want to partner up will reputable companies and people.

I once was going to partner up with a PR gal, I was told by 2 different people that said she didn't have a good reputation. I found out a little more about her and they were right.

Mari-Lyn

Biz Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 11:17 PM   #8
vacationofwealt

I do online advertising on careerbuilder, salesjobs, monster, craigslist, backpage. I do ezines and newsletter banner advertising. I do offline advertising such as road side signs. Post it notes also work great. They are better than sizzle cards because to get rid of them someone has to pick it up! There are 1000 ways to advertise, importantly you have to go out there and figure out what is your niche market. What will be your specialty. In my industry which is recession proof and never saturated I have always gone after realtors and mortgage brokers and even travel agents. They are entreprenurial but they usually feel the pain of the recession and consumer slowdowns. Good Luck and I love this forum!

vacationofwealt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 11:39 PM   #9
victorvera

I have a small scale bag business and I usually advertise my product using the internet to reach my niche market. I make sure that I am present in all relevant forums and blogs. However I try to be discreet as possible because I don't want to violate any advertising policy of any forum or blog. You may also want to try banner swaps to any site you think that can help you promote your business.

Offline, I usually look for trade shows and other fairs. I try to get a booth if not then look for a contact who is willing to consign some of my items. Word of mouth is still helpful getting some sales and additional help from people who are willing to help me with the bag distribution for free. So yeah, expanding your network (offline) will be eventually handy when it comes to business promotion.

victorvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:08 AM   #10
Lou

I use business cards, fliers (mailed, emailed), postcards (mailed), posters (placed at restaurant supply store/warehouse both food and equipment) word of mouth and good old pounding on doors.

I'm hoping to place vinyl wraps on work truck/van.
And upon finding this place I seeing where I could do a few other things.

Thx guys/gals

Nice resource here.

Lou is offline   Reply With Quote