Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th March 2013, 03:40 AM   #1
shellymiessner

Exclamation Reduce Bounce Rate Of Website.

Before 4 months my website bounce rate was 20 % and then its decrease up to 5% but from last 2 weeks itís increasing and now itís 25% which is alarming. What should I do?

ē To Decrease my Bounce Rate.
ē To Stable it.

Share your opinion

shellymiessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st March 2013, 12:12 AM   #2
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymiessner View Post
Before 4 months my website bounce rate was 20 % and then its decrease up to 5% but from last 2 weeks itís increasing and now itís 25% which is alarming. What should I do?

ē To Stable it.

Share your opinion
I think there might be some error in the google webmaster results. Earlier there is a major error in the total number of backlinks when checked for sites in Google webmaster. It has been reduced much and again it is regained to the original number. Because of this many seo professionals faced huge problems.

Old 21st March 2013, 08:08 AM   #3
semaphore.v
VIP Contributor

Default re:

Can you find and compare your analytics, what kind of traffic you had? How much organic traffic? How much direct traffic? And how much referral traffic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymiessner View Post

ē To Stable it.

Share your opinion

Old 23rd March 2013, 09:59 PM   #4
Angychesler

Send a message via Skype™ to Angychesler
Default bounce rate

I noticed that my bounce rate increase after I signed up for Google adwords. After looking at my google analytics statistics I realized that my google cpc was up to 96% bounce rate. I changed my keywords and my settings and got it down to 50%.
Another factor is loading speed. If a side loads slow, visitors leave.

Angychesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 02:58 AM   #5
stanleywym

What is your website about? If you have long article in your website, try to split it into smaller sections. It will help reduces the bounce rate and also the time taken to load the page.

stanleywym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 08:06 AM   #6
semaphore.v
VIP Contributor

Default re:

@Angychesler; true because your site receiving targeted traffic..
@all; some webmaster could not understand Google analytics properly because it has so many faction, you can generate more than 20 type of report from one analytics page. Piwik is easy tool and gives you 100% proper analytics.

Old 29th August 2013, 02:18 AM   #7
Jessicacis

Usually bounce rate increases if your website's entrance or landing page is not attractive or you have a single page website. Bounce rate also effects due to marketing activities performed on daily basis. High Bounce rate is not always bad if your conversions are done without moving to other pages of the website. And, Low bounce rate with high page views and low conversion does not mean that your users are happy there may be possibility that they are not getting what they are searching for.

Jessicacis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 04:21 AM   #8
jessicarobin

Default Reduce Bounce Rate of Website

The first thing to do is not to have misleading tags or misleading titles. The next thing to do is to make sure that your content is focused. So if you use tags and titles which bring visitors who are looking for what you have on your site and your site has content with the information they are looking for, they will stay.

jessicarobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 12:09 PM   #9
EJKIV

As has been mentioned already, bounce rate can come from many things. If your marketing conversion is done without switching pages your bounce rate should be higher.

Have you looked at your in page analytics? This could help you figure out if people are performing the actions that you want them to.

Old 20th September 2013, 01:12 AM   #10
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

Perhaps you posted a content that turns off many visitors. By the way, have you updated something in your website?

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote