Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Viral Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th October 2010, 09:38 AM   #41
luxuria

Twitter is helping me build my mailing list and get conversions.

The usefulness of Twitter, depends, in part, on your target market. Mine is women from 18-40, so much of that group is on twitter. I'm also b2c. B2b would be harder unless your target is other internet marketers who are likely to be hanging out on twitter.

I could probably write a book about twitter for business at this point. But after skimming the article by Jennifer Laycock, I will just add a few key points:

1) You must get yourself a proper twitter client. Don't try to use twitter.com. I prefer TweetDeck. But HootSuite is also decent and I'm sure there are others out there. The interface to twitter.com just doesn't give you what you need.

2) Don't just advertise stuff or you will be perceived as a spammer and possibly even end up in trouble with twitter. Interact!!! The world of internet marketing, is still the world of relationship selling.

3) Offer valuable content. Either tweet links to your blog (with good content), or tweet links to other people's blogs that are still relevant to your purpose on twitter.

4) Create relationships. I'm repeating myself, but it's important. Be interested in other people and they will find you interesting.

5) when someone friends you, send them a direct message thanking them for the follow and then try to give them something of value or invite them to something like joining your mailing list.

6) Tweepi (not sure of url) is a great tool for finding followers

I'm told that you shouldn't follow more than 100 people/day or you may get pegged by Twitter for spamming. I'm also told that you need to be extra careful around the 2000 follower mark, to be sure that you have a good ratio of followers back. Again, Tweepi can help.

Yes, it's time consuming. But for me, it's been worthwhile.

luxuria is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd November 2010, 05:17 AM   #42
radiomedia

Thumbs up Twitter

Twitter is a great social media sites where you can tweet your post and you can add follower on click of fallow button . one thing more i am telling you that you can find the people regional-wise, name-wise and as a followers.

radiomedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:05 PM   #43
yellow01

yes tiwtter is the best way to increase the traffic to your site. But uneed to try some other ways also like submission also.For increase visitors u can also used the facebook .And Forum posting is the best way .

yellow01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 08:28 PM   #44
KennethLee

My opinion is that Twitter is not so good especially if you need to reach a geographical area.

I'm having a hard time trying to target small business owners in Singapore. Are there any tools that allow me to specify the markets I would like to follow?

Regards
Kenneth Lee (Singapore)

KennethLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 02:21 AM   #45
LloydBurrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennethLee View Post
My opinion is that Twitter is not so good especially if you need to reach a geographical area.
You should first do some research on Google and determine which local businesses interest you, then look for them on Twitter. This may prove much more useful than it seems, because it saves you from the trouble of cold calling. You may contact them directly after you've tweeted along for a while.

Old 18th February 2011, 08:32 AM   #46
BigDogStudioX

Stick out on twitter and you can generate a lot of traffic.

Make every post interesting and topical but have fun doing it.
And sport a stylish twitter design.

Good luck

BigDogStudioX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 08:37 PM   #47
cranent

What is the best way to get followers that would be interested in your business?

cranent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:06 PM   #48
trimblerob

Default Twitter can be amazing!

But, be careful not to aggressively follow people and unfollow people or send the same tweets over and over again, you will get your account suspended permanently, I know! Just be slow and deliberate and with time all will come to those with patience.

There are many APIs to help you automate Twitter as well, but be cautious with them as well and remember to be a contributor to Twitter not a SPAMMER and you will do fine - actually you will do GREAT!!!

Robert Trimble
Double Diamond Publishing, LLC
Too many websites to list here!

trimblerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:58 AM   #49
trimblerob

Try the Twellow web site, think of it as a "yellow pages for Twitter." You can search for anything, even local businesses and local Tweeps. Don't miss the potential of Twitter, it is the driving 65% of all traffic to my many content websites.

trimblerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 02:49 AM   #50
KennethLee

One of my challenges would be to drive a geographical traffic, i.e. if I want traffic for my local business in Singapore, I am not able to refine my search to just say, Singaporeans.

Any solutions?

KennethLee is offline   Reply With Quote