Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th July 2013, 03:02 PM   #1
BusinessFreak

Default Need Some Insights Please....

Hi Everyone,
I need some insights to understand and determine next steps on a thought that has engulfed my mind for quite some time now…

Currently, I’m employed with a great organization and doing decently. However, in the *long run say 4-5 years from now I would prefer to have a business of my own rather than doing a job, and so wanted to start-up something ASAP to build the base. Perhaps I’m not making sense, but yes, that’s what I want to do set-up my own business.

So here’s what I want to do….
Carry on with my job for the next 4-5 years, but simultaneously set-up a business that I can for the moment do as part time
Once in the next 4-5 years (and if) it gets established, and can at least provide me with returns with which I can sustain my livelihood quit the job, and run my business full time

As you would have correctly understood, I cannot quit my job right away.

Is there any idea that someone can help me with…
Time that can be devoted: 3-4-hours max daily
Capital available at this stage: 5 lacs
No office / commercial space

Look forward *to your assistance!

Regards,

BusinessFreak

PS: My first post, hope It makes sense.

BusinessFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd August 2013, 02:07 PM   #2
BusinessFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessFreak View Post
Hi Everyone,
I need some insights to understand and determine next steps on a thought that has engulfed my mind for quite some time now…

Currently, I’m employed with a great organization and doing decently. However, in the *long run say 4-5 years from now I would prefer to have a business of my own rather than doing a job, and so wanted to start-up something ASAP to build the base. Perhaps I’m not making sense, but yes, that’s what I want to do set-up my own business.

So here’s what I want to do….
Carry on with my job for the next 4-5 years, but simultaneously set-up a business that I can for the moment do as part time
Once in the next 4-5 years (and if) it gets established, and can at least provide me with returns with which I can sustain my livelihood quit the job, and run my business full time

As you would have correctly understood, I cannot quit my job right away.

Is there any idea that someone can help me with…
Time that can be devoted: 3-4-hours max daily
Capital available at this stage: 5 lacs
No office / commercial space

Look forward *to your assistance!

Regards,

BusinessFreak

PS: My first post, hope It makes sense.

Hi All,

Could someone please shed some light on this....

Thanks.
BusinessFreak

Old 3rd August 2013, 01:41 AM   #3
Punit

Lightbulb

Dear Friend,

Keeping in mind that you want to setup something without quitting your job & capital of 5 lac,

Here is what we can do:

You may buy small scale machinery & let any of your trusted person operate it.
If you have younger brother or a close friend who would be interested in this let him start working out.

Important is, you need to have orders when you have machinery in hand, hence you need to be a good marketer or hire a small yet effective seo firm.

In the initial stage you will have to devote little more time setting this up, but once its done you will enjoy dual income for sure.

Wish you the best.

Thanks!!

Punit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 02:50 PM   #4
BusinessFreak

Thanks Punit!

Experts - may I seek some more inputs / ideas please?

Thanks and regards,

BusinessFreak