Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th September 2009, 05:58 AM   #1
imaginary

Default Found All My Pages Within Google Top300, What's Next?..

Guys, really need help here.
Im new in seo and do not feel really confident, that's why i am asking for a suggestion.
Found out that my site is at 8th and 10th pages of Google for a very good keywords (i don't know how, i didn't do anything for this actually), and would like to know can i rank higher? Planned to buy Adwords for these keywords but if i am already in SERP...
There are also some pages at 24th and 28th pages for pretty good keywords, but I've decided to start from the easiest

imaginary is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st September 2009, 02:33 AM   #2
imaginary

guess there is no way (

imaginary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 07:35 AM   #3
MRchamps

start studying SEO and start implementing the techniques for your website. IF you say that without any work your website is been ranking good then it would be easy for you to rank great for your keywords after performing some basic SEO tactics

Old 21st September 2009, 12:51 PM   #4
hitweb

There's another forum that is devoted solely to SEO that has tons of help. I'm kind of new to SEO as well and I've been learning a ton from all the articles and forum posts that are there. www.highrankings.com/forum/

You don't even really need to join, unless you have questions. If you are just getting started they have tons of suggestions.

hitweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 03:36 PM   #5
lunartcorp

You can find the answer on this forum too!

First thing to do is to make sure they are really good keywords. Some times we think that are good and they are not. So check in Google Keyword Tools if they are being searched and if there is volume in the month before.

If they are good, check the pages that are ranked and use keyword density technique. It is using the keywords, no more than 5 times, on the page. Re-Write paragraphs using those keywords. Also, make changes to the Alt tag in images.

Put those keyword in Title and Descripcion (once on each) of those pages.

Put links using those keyword on the link text.

If you got 10 page without working on SEO, you will get 1st page in a couple of months doing the above.

Good Luck

Jose

Old 22nd September 2009, 08:05 AM   #6
smallbizmkter

Hi Imaginary,

Well done for getting indexed - now with some tweaking you should be able to improve on those results. Check around this forum - tons of good advice here - also http://www.seobook.com/ - has some good free information - which will give you the basics.

The other thing I would recommend is make sure you are working on optimizing your site for the right keywords - e.g. don't try to win a battle, you will find hard to win, at least initially. What I mean is - if you are a local business, use keywords with local city names in them - i.e. Pizza restaurant Houston, not just Pizza restaurant.

Use the free Google keyword tool to research keywords - enable all columns so you can see monthly traffic and click cost, if you were paying for the clicks on Adwords (gives idea of competition for that keyword). Try to optimize for keywords which 1) are strictly relevant to your site, 2) have decent amounts of traffic, 3) are less competitive.

Adwords is a completely different issue, although you will probably start with the same keywords as you are using for SEO. Make sure you have read all of the free resources on Adwords before diving in - looks easier than it is - and it is easy to dump cash when first starting out. That said, this is the best way I know of getting large amounts of traffic to your site whilst you are working on your SEO.

smallbizmkter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 12:03 PM   #7
Cazza

Hi Imaginary,

Hey, that's a good start! Can I ask how many keywords you are using for each page? A lot of people tend to use too many. It is best to target one main keyword phrase and perhaps up to four other synonyms per page.

As was mentioned above, use your main keyword in your page title, description and the headline also. Next try to think of an hour glass. Use more instances of the keyword at the top and bottom of the page with perhaps one or two in the middle. The number of times to use the keyword phrase will, to a certain extent, depend on how many words are on that page. More text will give you a better chance to use the words more times, giving you a better chance of being found.

However, even being no. 1 on page one is not a lot of use if no-one is searching for that term. There are a number of programs around that will allow you to find out what people are using. Wordtracker is one that comes to mind. SiteSell (the system I use) have a special Brainstorm It! module that makes use of Wordtracker and more besides, to help you discover what people enter into the search bar when looking for information.

The Google Adwords tool is also useful, but is biased more towards how much advertisers will pay for a particular keyword phrase. This can be useful in itself, as it gives you an idea on whether that page could bring in the money if you place Google Adsense ads on it.

You are really aiming to get on the first 3 pages, as that seems to be as far as most people will go when clicking on the results of a search.

All the best.

Regards,

Carol

Cazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 02:54 PM   #8
stephen186

Hi imaginary.
I would say apply all the above discussed techniques and try to get your website on the first page...when we say SEO we are talking about the first page...or mostly second page..if we are not there...we do not really exist in search engines at least...

stephen186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 02:04 AM   #9
janicejan

Now that your website is indexed, there are tons of tips you can read over this forums, actually I'm not in the mood to tell you tips on how to rank well in search engines LOL, but good thing there are lots of tips and advices on other threads so you don't need to start a new one.. just read carefully

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 01:39 AM   #10
brithny

Well its good.You have need to study the SEO, Its rules and regulations to rank your site.