Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th April 2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Catalyst eMarketing

Arrow Google Local Business Center Changes Name Adds Features

If you are interested in LOCAL SEO, here's some important new info that just hit the wires.

The Google Local Business Center is now called Google Places, as the company aims to rebrand the product around the Place Pages it introduced last fall.

There are new features and there is a new help center and support forum dedicated to Google Places for the many businesses that are having nightmares getting their listings changed, verified or optimized.

Here's all the info from the Google blog:http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/...le-places.html

They didn't list the link to the new help forum, so I need to go find it. I just saw it somewhere.

If you've ever tried to get help with your LBC then you know that support is virtually not available from Google on this product. By starting the new forum and archiving all the old complaints, it give "Places" a cleaner looking new home for all the new businesses that will flock here trying to figure out how to set up their Place page.

I'll be back after I find where I saw the link to the new support forum.

What do you think of all the new changes and features???

Last edited by Catalyst eMarketing; 20th April 2010 at 10:46 AM.
Catalyst eMarketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:42 AM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Thanks for the quick heads up on that Linda, I've started digging in also. I like the idea of the free photo shoot and some of the other features mentioned that have been added, but we'll have to see how it goes. I'll keep you posted from my end.

The change to define service areas and hide your address for businesses who don't have a storefront is a major change in direction and opens it up to many before who did not consider google local relevant because they did not have a storefront.

Old 27th April 2010, 07:54 PM   #3
dexxxt

One big problem I found yesterday when working on a client's site - you can't specify countries where you do business, only a local area - 50 miles for example. Very hard when you have a US-specific or other country-specific trading area for your product or service.

Dex

dexxxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 05:38 AM   #4
David Morson

Thanks for the useful link and I hope that it will help me a lot.

David Morson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 03:28 PM   #5
lw-daryljames

I think Google is doing it again. Changing the online world. I'm looking forward to adding this to my strategy.

lw-daryljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 04:04 PM   #6
SmallBusinClick

Google will keep doing it all the time. No, they did not tell me that. But according to what they been doing for years, that's the only conclusion I can make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw-daryljames View Post
I think Google is doing it again. Changing the online world. I'm looking forward to adding this to my strategy.

Old 25th June 2011, 01:41 AM   #7
seo-guy

Have you nolic the Google-adsense alter it's name. Presently today I was publishing an article on my blog and I seem it. Before altering name, it utilizes to be the "i" letter in circle but it in inclosed in triangle now. Before, when we utilize to take mouse on "i" it was viewing as Google adsense except Now it is Google-Adchoices.