Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th June 2012, 08:42 AM   #11
ReganP

Your website looks great and I love the fun creative options you have like feather extensions! If I had a pet and lived in your area I would totally use your services.

But, I did notice a few things when I visited the site. For one, you have your Twitter updates displaying at the bottom of the page but you haven't tweeted anything since February. This kind of makes it look like you either don't actually use Twitter or went out of business, I hope it's the former! Your Facebook page on the other hand, is very active and looks great. So, either ditch Twitter or start actually using it.

Also, you don't have any internal links, i.e. links on pages of your website that take visitors to other pages of the site. For example, on the contact page where it lists your services, you should be able to click those to view the services. This is good for visitors but it's mostly for the benefit of Google, so you should look into it.

For SEO purposes and finding clients, have you thought about starting a blog or guest posting on pet blogs? You could write about tips for pet owners, unique dog styles, etc. and it would get your name out there. Guest posting is a GREAT way to improve SEO.

As far as offline marketing goes, have you thought about trying to partner with the local animal shelter? You could get brochures or maybe magnets that let customers know that their newly adopted pet's first grooming session is 10% off and the shelter could give them out for you.

If you have any questions or would like any more tips, I work as an internet marketer focusing on SEO and social media marketing, just PM me and I will give you my contact information. Don't worry I'll give out the advice for free

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 8th June 2012, 11:16 AM   #12
enterprisepe

Really like the bandanas for pooches idea!

enterprisepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 02:36 AM   #13
ilovemedia

Your problem with your visibility in search engines can be solved using SEO. If that seems new to you, SEO or Search Engine Optimization can be done by creating quality contents on your site, building backlinks through blogs and forum comments, social bookmarking, etc. Social Media Optimization can also be done. Don't just use Facebook, utilize other platforms as well. And for you to properly manage your social network accounts, use social media management tools such as HootSuit.

Old 2nd July 2012, 05:45 PM   #14
printnstyle

I see that you have a problem with your ranking in Google. Have you heard of search engine optimization? It's the technique you should do. Also, listings are very important when it comes to local businesses.

printnstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 04:06 PM   #15
particulus

Default Try this:

Have you tried Google Ads? You have to pay to post your add, that's the bad thing. But, after you pay (it is a small fee a month) your ad is all over Google. As most people know, Google is the number one website in the world, so EVERYONE gets to see it! I am not a dog groomer personally, but I have posted an ad on Google Ads and it does extremely well. You get to choose how it shows on Google too! You can choose what sentences, the font, etc. Hope this helped!

Also, I know it's cliche, but post fliers around in small towns. Small-town folks also read the fliers in the grocery store!

particulus is offline   Reply With Quote