Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th September 2006, 08:15 PM   #11
movnupmom

Default Why Not.

I don't see why your advertising couldn't say somthing like.

Top Notch cleaners
Your neighborhood clean freaks.

Or.

When it has to be the best
call the clean freaks.
Top notch cleaners.

Or.

When cleaning freaks you out
call the the clean freaks
At
Top notch cleaners

movnupmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th September 2006, 08:11 AM   #12
Cleanfreak

Them are some great ideas movnupmom, i just talked to my cousin who owns a tattoo shop. he agreed to make a logo and my phone book ad for free. i couldn't think of anyone who could do art work until he called to tell me he was having a baby. i popped the question and he was in a good enough mood to talk to his workers. Ill give them the clean freak ideas and see what he can come up with.

Cleanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2006, 01:34 PM   #13
movnupmom

Default Good.

Glad I could be of help to you. Those are not so great I am pretty good with comming up with slogans, gingles and logos maybe I should start a business doing that for other small business since I can draw also. HHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Old 10th September 2006, 06:51 AM   #14
Cleanfreak

hey if it works out that would be great. i might need a jingle. i went to his tattoo shop yesterday and and got to talking to him. he buys radio ads on a popular rock station 106.5 in Toledo Ohio. he buys them for $10 a spot. its dead air time, you have to buy $200 a month and be put on a waiting list. he said he can run the ads for me so i can skip the list. everyone listens to it if they like rock so i'm not sure if it would draw in the business i want, it would get my name out there for sure.

Old 10th September 2006, 07:38 AM   #15
SoKyBiz
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to SoKyBiz

That's an entirely different topic. Before you plunk down $200 or even $10, ask yourself... "Are my target customers going to be listing to this station?" In other words, if your typical client (people who buy cleaning services) is a headbanger who listens to that station, then go for it. If they are listening to "All things considered" on NPR, then maybe you should reconsider.

Just food for thought at 07:40 on Sunday morning while listing to Artur Rubinstein on the piano playing Beethoven Piano Sonata in C-Sharp Minor: Adagio sostenuto.

Old 10th September 2006, 11:57 AM   #16
movnupmom

Default You never know

Maybe you will get a cleaning contract with a Harley shop or somthing. Not everyone who listens to rock are headbanging freaks. I listen to everything from clasical to heavey metal depends on what mood I am in. Never sterotype your customer.Everyone out there needs somthing regardless of who they are or what they do.

Old 10th September 2006, 10:25 PM   #17
mrClen

good thoughts! i like that idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanfreak View Post
could Clean Freak be a fictitious name used with the Top Notch Cleaning name? would people think that's its fishy to have 2 names that we go by? one would be our company name and the other name be used to advertise? is that done?

mrClen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 02:23 AM   #18
mindfullness

Yeh i guess so, that everyone has their moments with music but i do agree with sokybiz that you do need to narrow down your target audience, it is better to aim at a place where it will get 9/10 of the audience paying attention other than 9/10 of the audience switching the stations before they even get to hear your company's name. Having a target market will definitely help you rather than just trying to get your company out there. jus my opinion

mindfullness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 09:42 AM   #19
ad-vice_man

Top Notch - is meaningless. it's bland, it's ordinary and it doesn't SAY anything about your business. It's as bad as AAA cleaning or Acme Cleaning or any other name i've heard.

Clean Freak though causes you to think of that friend you have that is a little OCD and whos house is a museum (like Monica on Friends). Someone who not only does a good job cleaning, but likes doing it is passionate about cleanliness. THAT is the type of person I'd want to clean my house.

Here's your tagline "Clean Freak - Not just clean.... Obsessively Clean

ad-vice_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 12:41 PM   #20
Cleanfreak

The largest cleaning company in my area is AAA Standard Services, kinda generic but i would love to be as generic as them.