Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th September 2006, 07:26 PM   #1
kwoodard

Default Tag Line for Business

My husband & I have a heating and air conditioning business. We are trying to think of a tag line. We want to play up customer service and dependability. Some ideas that we thought of

Redefining dependability
When waiting is not an option
If only all heating and cooling companies cared this much
Guardian of the comfort of your home
Ensuring your families comfort

I know, lacking a lot, appreciate any ideas you might have.

thanks
Kelly

kwoodard is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th September 2006, 05:13 PM   #2
TheWildBonBon

Kelly,

What is the name of your company?

TheWildBonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 06:56 AM   #3
kwoodard

Default need help on tagline

Kathy,

Thanks for the reply. Our company name is ONTime Heating and Air Conditioning Inc.

We really want to play up our customer service, that we are going to serve you better than others companies.

Thanks again
Kelly

Old 18th September 2006, 11:04 AM   #4
mktgbiz

Kelly-

I am glad you are looking for a tagline that will help convey your commitment to service and dependability.

A+, Excellent, Superior Service is promoted by every company everywhere have you noticed? Have you also noticed – customer service is getting worse and worse?

My point is- promoting A+, Excellent, Customer service is done by all, but very few actually accomplish it so try not to use the same words every other business is using.

The ideas you have:
Redefining dependability
When waiting is not an option
If only all heating and cooling companies cared this much
Guardian of the comfort of your home
Ensuring your families comfort

Are kinda……can I say ……..blah? Don’t take that personally I want to help you make it what you want, but in order to do that I’ve got to talk to you like my sister. And if you were my sister that’s exactly what I’d say.

Here’s how you can tell if your tagline is “good.” If another company used it as their tagline, would it prompt you to call them? Or would you say to yourself ‘ So what?”

If your tagline says ‘ If we’re not there in one hour, the call is FREE,” what does that sayto you? To me it says: this company is putting their reputation on the line, they must be quick. Quick means fast service and reply to me. I like quick, I need quick, I need it now, etc. etc.

Don’t you think the same way?

If XYZ Air Conditioning runs an ad in the newspaper and it reads:
XYZ Air Conditioning
Redefining Dependablity

What does it say to you? Not much really huh?

All right, sorry about the little rant, but keep that in mind when creating your tagline.

Here’s a couple ideas……
If we’re not there in one hour, the call is FREE
By the time you spell Q-U-I-C-K- we’ll be at the front door.

That’s my 2 cents….

-

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 04:42 PM   #5
EASJennifer

Send a message via AIM to EASJennifer Send a message via Skype™ to EASJennifer

Those are excellent ideas Scott. I had such problems coming up with my tag line, and it I'm about to have to redo the pain in a few weeks, so this is great advice.

I have to agree with Scott. The tag lines you were thinking aren't really all that different than any other's tag lines, in fact, I know I've heard something like that before, but can't think of the company. So the biggest thing is, it has to be unique.

EASJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 08:40 AM   #6
kwoodard

Default Tagline

Scott,

That makes a lot of sense. The only thing that concerns me is in the heating and air conditioning business it seems when you are in high demand is when it gets really really hot or really really cold. It make it hard to keep a staff large enough to take care of those times, where no one has to wait, and then keep everyone busy during the in between weather. We do really well serving our regular customer and service agreement members getting them same day service, but to advertise one hour or even same day to everyone just seems kind of scary.

How would something like

We fix it right or you don't pay.
Your problem is our solution or your payment = $0.00

OK that last one a little corny, thats why I need Help

Thanks
Kelly

Old 19th September 2006, 11:56 AM   #7
KAYLINDA
VIP Contributor

My first idea after seeing your name was:

Ontime Heating and Air Conditioning
"Ontime...all the time"

Old 19th September 2006, 03:54 PM   #8
ad-vice_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoodard View Post
Scott,

That makes a lot of sense. The only thing that concerns me is in the heating and air conditioning business it seems when you are in high demand is when it gets really really hot or really really cold. It make it hard to keep a staff large enough to take care of those times, where no one has to wait, and then keep everyone busy during the in between weather. Kelly
"Ontime or we pay" isn't about same day service... it's about showing up when you said you would. In other words the key to getting this done in the "hot hot hot and cold cold cold " times is lowering expectations. In other words when someone calls don't have your dispatchers quote them a time you might not be able to make it in. Push the times back as much as a whole appointment. and then "superserve" them by calling early and saying." we got done early with a previous appointment... would you mind if we showed up early" The person on the other end of the phone may die from shock... but you'll certainly have made a positive impression on them. The caveat is that you might have to schedule less jobs per day... but once you get rolling and people see the value of "on time" you can charge a little extra for "excellent service."

There is a plumber in my area that sets up actuall appointments, not windows of time, he shows up on time or it's free. He charges about 30% more than others but you know you're getting a good job done and you're not wasting your time.

ad-vice_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 08:44 PM   #9
kwoodard

Talking tagline

The tagline I was speaking about in that statement was the "If we are not there in one hour, then you don't pay" but the ontime or don't pay seems to be the concept everyone thinks we should go with so, let the ideas flow. I am not very creative.

thanks
Kelly

Old 19th September 2006, 09:58 PM   #10
jase

warm friendly service

the comfortable choice

you'll feel more comfortable with us

it costs no more for us to be on time

we dont charge extra to get there fast

take control of your climate

Climate you control