Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th September 2006, 07:31 AM   #11
mktgbiz

Kellly-
I was traveling the roads yesterday and happened to notice a van of an air conditioning copmany and under the name of the company was their tagline and it read:

Where there's QUALITY is in the Air.
I said......huh? What does that mean?

If I were you I'd gather up your husband and maybe a friend or two and sit around the table this weekend and solve this problem.

Here's how I think you can come up with your tagline. Take out a sheet of paper and write down the things people don't like about air conditioning/heating companies and solve the problem in your tagline.

For example. Some AC copmanies are slow to arrive. You might work around something that says:
"We get ticked too when the AC Company takes forever to arrive"

Instead of "We pride ourselves on great customer service."

See the difference? Both statements say the same, but one is a little more potent. When trying to create your tagline just say what you really WANT to say then polish it a little.

Here's another one.
"Joe's AC - Home of the FREE Estimate."

FREE Estimates have always thrwon me for a curve. I mean, when was the last time you were sooooooooooooo moved to call a company simply because they offered a FREE estimate. Whatever. I think we should charge double for the estimate and the job would be free - that'll get businesses some publicity.

Anyhow, in opposition to Joe's AC and free estimates tagline, you might try something like:

"Call us for a second opinion"

That one might be worth developing more because we are all looking for second opinions when it comes to AC and heating repair aren't we? I'm sure there are crooks in the AC business as there are in any business and that tagline might be the one that makes you stand out like a sore thumb.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........I like that one more and more.
"Call us for a second opinion"

Let us know what you decide

-

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st September 2006, 03:40 PM   #12
kwoodard

Exclamation tagline

I really like the
you'll feel comfortable with us

My husband would see like to here more, anyone have anything else!!

thanks for your help.

Kelly

kwoodard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 03:46 PM   #13
kwoodard

Default tagline

Scott-

I can't wait to tell my husband that one "Call us for a second opinion". I like it

Thanks for your help!!

Kelly

Old 22nd September 2006, 08:46 AM   #14
Logan
Administrator

I like both "You'll feel comfortable with us" and "Call us for a second opinion". Not sure, but the second opinion seems a bit more powerful to me on first impression.

Good work Scott!!

Old 22nd September 2006, 10:18 AM   #15
mktgbiz

Thanks Logan!

As far as the "You'll feel comfortable with us" goes, it sounds "cute" to me. I'm not trying to be picky, but cute dioesn't sell. Cute doesn't move people. If your tagline is somethiong people will respond by saying: "Aw that's cool or Aw how cute." you've got the wrong tagline.

Cute doesn't move me. Call us for a second opinion makes me think should I call. It engages the reader. But that's just my opinion.

One of my main sites that I sell from is FishForFree.com It's engaging. It's my tagline, name, motto, etc. all in one set of words. And to top that off - it's easy to remember. I'm not trying to brag in any shape way or form, but in case you were wondering what experience I have, now you have an idea.

If you want to see which one brings results you can always do some testing. Make up some flyers and have them distributed to homes and businesses. I think you'll see pretty quickly which tagline makes people act.

-

Old 23rd September 2006, 02:30 AM   #16
jase

If you tell me to call you for a SECOND opinion thats what im gunna do, meaning im gunna call someone else first. If that someone else has a good sales person "BAM" no need for a second opinion.

jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2006, 01:04 PM   #17
kwoodard

My husband also think that opening the door to second opinions might get our regular customers thinking, hey we might need to get a second opinion. We are still thinking, so if you all have any more idea lets here them.

I still am a fan of call us for a second opinion and you'll feel comfortable with us. If we don't come up with anything else this week, I will take you idea of trying the top two idea and see which one brings back the best results.

Thanks
Kelly

Old 29th September 2006, 02:11 AM   #18
mindfullness

then maybe these ones:

"control your own seasons
in just seconds"

"call us for the best solution"

"Never late. Always solved."

"No more money wasted. No more wait."

mindfullness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 11:18 AM   #19
mkarts

Here are some simple lines:

-Uncomfortable air? We'll be there!

-We'll weather the storm to keep you warm.

mkarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 07:06 PM   #20
mktgbiz

This post is becoming very popular. There are a lot of views. I hope everyone is learning or least getting some ideas.

I do agree with your husbaand Kelly. Maybe we should pass on the second opinion thing.

One thing still rings true - cute doesn't sell. When I say cute, I mean cute little slogans.

Engaging the customer moves people.

Domino's - Delivered in 30 minutes or it's FREE (that engages people)
FedEx - When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight. (that engages people)

See what I'm getting at? Even though this process may seem like the most painful part of starting your business, it is THEE key element for getting business for the next 50 years. Sure, you can thro your arms up in the air and give up at this point but just remember........would you do that to one of your clients? I think not.

Hang in there. It'll come to you....or one of us!!

-