Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th July 2014, 08:15 PM   #1
McCoyH

Default Facebook Marketing, Here's A Little Of What We Do That Works

Here's a post I added to a specific industry forum (service industry) that applies to one of the companies I own. Figured I'd share in case it could help anyone. This specific post pertains to automotive accessories but can be used in just about any industry, especially local markets.

About 6 months ago I got into a new shop and got things started large scale. I now have 4 employees and looking to hire abother very soon. We're overwhelmed with work and our biggest problem is finding emploees that know what they're doing.

Here's what we do...

Facebook has played a BIG part in our recent success. if we spend $100 / day on facebook ads, we'll bring in about $1500 in work. That's pretty good considering our total overhead (payroll, taxes, supplies, etc) is only about $600 / day!

I won't give you our exact secret sause for facebook marketing because it's different for every market and you have to figure out what works best for you, but if you spend even a small amount of time researching facebook marketing you can get it figured out. In this thread I'll try to help as much as I can to get people started doing as well as possibe on facebook

If you have a company facebook page and you havent tried paid facebook ads, you're wasting your time. Forget about facebook "likes"... When you post a status or photo to your company page without using paid ads, only about 10% of your "followers" will actually see it. you HAVE to use paid ads... Don't worry, it's cheap if you do it right.

1) update your page daily with all of the cars you've done that day so that when paid customers browse your page they can see all fo your great work

2) Choose a photo of an eye catching car (maybe a bright colored sedan that you did all of the windows on)

3) Take the photo of the car and add a rough price list to it (example: add the text: "back half $160 - full car $180" etc)

4) Post the photo to your page

5) Click on the drop down that says "Boost post" (this is the important part)

-- You always want to do Boost Post instead of an actual ad campaign. By doing Boost post, you're only paying for the people who view or interact with your page and it's much cheaper than CPC. (as an average we pay about $100 for about 30,000 people to see our post with Boost Post.) Select the daily budget that you're confortable with and then go to the next step

6) Interests. This is where things start to get real. By using a bad list of interested you're not going to get very good results. With the right "interests" you can get amazing results.

-- Choose interests that have a LOT of followers (in the millions). Google something like "facebooks top likes list" and choose some things from there.

7) if you've done a decent job setting things up so far (depending on your budget) you should see an estimated reach of something in the 5 figures.

(SIDE NOTE: Make sure you click on the "advanced settings" drop down. Here you can select how many days hyou want the ad to run ($500 running for 5 days = $100 / day)

Launch the boosted post and see what happens. Monitor your results in the "insights" dashboard (i think you have to have something like 30 or 100 likes before you can access it) and try switching things up based on results.

On average I'd say we change and edit our boosts about every other day either with a different photo, different text, etc....

McCoyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd July 2014, 09:09 AM   #2
alexanderang

Lightbulb

Thanks for the sharing!

Appreciate your contribution and tips on Facebook marketing!

Look forward for more!

Old 24th July 2014, 06:54 PM   #3
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

Default My Facebook Business Page

I do Income Taxes for locals. I have a Facebook Business Page. I grew up in this town of fifteen thousand. I do have limited last name value. I add friends and share fun information with great images to mt friends and groups. people are on Facebook to play. There was an IRS phone scam going on I made an exception and shared this tax information. Everyone of my shares has my Business Facebook page on it. It is indirect marketing